Bitsurfr Pro + Linux PPP == no Multilink!!

Bitsurfr Pro + Linux PPP == no Multilink!!

Post by k.d. » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a BitSurfr Pro set up on COM1 of a Linux 2.0.28 Intel
box. I have verified with Motorola that the init string is
fine; I have booted into Win95 and verified that it works under Win95. I
have checked setserial to make sure the port is at 115k.

It even works with V.120 (64k). However, if I use an init
string to set it for MLPP (multi-link, 2 channels), I
get a fast flashing light, connect with _one_ channel, and then a
disconnection. ?!?!?!? My ISP and Motorola can't explain this.

Here's the sequence that gives these conditions:

ATD12126811690&1690

My thought is that it might be a sync/async issue. Do I need a special
PPP or serial port driver to use MLPPP rather than V.120?

TIA.

regards,
kd

Bitsurfr Pro + Linux PPP == no Multilink!!

Post by Daniel Jam » Thu, 15 May 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

>Hi,

>Here's the sequence that gives these conditions:

>ATD12126811690&1690

>My thought is that it might be a sync/async issue. Do I need a special
>PPP or serial port driver to use MLPPP rather than V.120?

No, nothing else needed.  Negate the "&" with a "\", and give it another shot.
I'd also give it the full dial, and a string such as:

                 |================================================| ---
           I---, |-=| Daniel James |=- Linux/Unix/Freedom Bigot -=|  ----
      -----U ==| |================================================|   ---

  ----'----U   | |________________________________________________|   ---
[_/,-,\"--"----- // ,-,  ,-,\\\   |/         //,-,  ,-,  ,-,\\ __#  ---
  ( 0 )====#####// ( 0 )( 0 )''-  o          '( 0 )( 0 )( 0 )''
---'-'--------------'-'--'-'-------------------'-'--'-'--'-'--------------

Bitsurfr Pro + Linux PPP == no Multilink!!

Post by Kristian Ra » Fri, 16 May 1997 04:00:00

You :

-----**----
 > ATD12126811690&1690

I might be dead wrong hear (i don't know the bitsurfer)
but most AT/Hayes interpreters has a * habit of taking
AT&F _very_ litterally.
In effect, the AT&F bit just might clear the rest of the
line, making you inits useless... as a factory default
modem is not engaged in command interpreting, it is ready
for it, but not doing it :-)

How do you check that ?
try "AT&FD<somenumber>" and se if it actually dials :-)))

regards

Kristian Rask

Bitsurfr Pro + Linux PPP == no Multilink!!

Post by Roeland Th. Janse » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> My thought is that it might be a sync/async issue. Do I need a special
> PPP or serial port driver to use MLPPP rather than V.120?

first off I do not have a BSPR. I have an E2864i at 460k8 locked.

I'm using 2.0.30 (i586) and use ppp 2.2.0f to call my ISP and all works
'just fine'.

did you actually check the logfiles to see why pppd fails (it failed here
the first times, due to asyncmap problems) -- so increase the debuglevel and
see if it helps.

--
Grobbebol's Home (Linux 2.0.xx i586)

Post by Traf » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

>[Posted and mailed]

>>Hi,

>>Here's the sequence that gives these conditions:

>>ATD12126811690&1690

>>My thought is that it might be a sync/async issue. Do I need a special
>>PPP or serial port driver to use MLPPP rather than V.120?

>No, nothing else needed.  Negate the "&" with a "\", and give it another shot.
>I'd also give it the full dial, and a string such as:

I had excactly the same problem with my BPro.  My solution was two-fold.

default registers.

So (this you do once)

AT&W0   Save in default one
AT&W1   Save in default two
AT>Z      Reset the modem
AT&V     Dump the current state and the defaults (make sure change took)

Then when you dial you need to use the
AT&F&C1....
ATD...

This connects me with no problem.