No DOVBS in Europe?

Post by Jeffrey Rhode » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

jcr> [posted and mailed] my ISP is having some problems these days.

I haven't seen the post yet. please post this into the group too.

jcr> No such thing as DOVBS in the netherlands? Do you mean there is no

no, no such thing for DOVBS in europe afaik.

jcr> incentive for DOVBS, because voice bearer service is priced the
same
jcr> as data bearer service? There is nothing preventing DOVBS from

the telco doesn't care what you send. it's all priced the same.  the
zyxels only have DOVBS available for the USA versions afaik.

jcr> What about international calls from the netherlands? Are these too
jcr> priced the same for voice and data?

they are the same too.

--
Grobbebol's Home                 |  Don't give in to spammers.   -o)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel     | Use your real e-mail address   /\

Is there no incentive for DOVBS in all of Europe, excluding the
nederlands? Actually, the Dutch speak and write English so well, I
almost consider myself at home (not Europe, but Northwest USA) whilst
having an espesso drink at a coffeehouse in Amsterdam ;-)

TIA, Jeffrey

No DOVBS in Europe?

Post by Wolfgang Bar » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:39:22 -0800, Jeffrey Rhodes

>Is there no incentive for DOVBS in all of Europe, excluding the
>nederlands? Actually, the Dutch speak and write English so well, I
>almost consider myself at home (not Europe, but Northwest USA) whilst
>having an espesso drink at a coffeehouse in Amsterdam ;-)

I think most people will  will smoke pot in the coffeehouse.  :-)

But nobody in Europe had the idea for different tariffs for
Data and Voice over ISDN.

It isn't necessary because all connections cost something
per minute.
It didn't make sense to have phone calls over days but it
did make sense to have a fixed local line for little money.
I think that's the reason for this type of pricing in the US.

mfg wb