AVM and Xircom Capi Drivers

Post by nos.. » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:14:27

Hello together,

I had a AVM Fritz Card ISDN PCMCIA Adapter installed in my modem. As it
never really worked, I replaced it with a Xircom Creditcard ISDN PCMCIA
Card.

So now the problem I have is, that I can connect with my Xircom card, but
there's no data transmitted. It finds the site on the net (it shows the
titel in the browser), but does not download any data. With the analog modem
everything works fine.

So I think now, the AVM Card replaced the Capi driver so Xircom has seirous
problems communicating through it. As the Xircom driver comes with WIndows
XP I have no possibility to replace it from somwhere, only if I copy it from
another XP System.

Is my conclusion of the problem, (CAPI Driver) correct or could it be
something else.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Greetings Patrick

System: Windows XP Professional SP1a
Card: Xircom Credit Card ISDN (Euro)

AVM and Xircom Capi Drivers

Post by P. Euteneue » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 04:49:24

Hi,
have you tried the latest drivers from AVM for your card? Normaly all cards
should also work with the Windows XP CAPI driver but generally the best way
is to use the one form yor manufacturer. So for AVM cards there is no one
known (by myself) that don't work. In this case call the AVM support. They
are competent and can give you a hint to let the AVM card run. I think that
should be only a configuration problem.

Patrick

Quote:> Hello together,

> I had a AVM Fritz Card ISDN PCMCIA Adapter installed in my modem. As it
> never really worked, I replaced it with a Xircom Creditcard ISDN PCMCIA
> Card.

> So now the problem I have is, that I can connect with my Xircom card, but
> there's no data transmitted. It finds the site on the net (it shows the
> titel in the browser), but does not download any data. With the analog
modem
> everything works fine.

> So I think now, the AVM Card replaced the Capi driver so Xircom has
seirous
> problems communicating through it. As the Xircom driver comes with WIndows
> XP I have no possibility to replace it from somwhere, only if I copy it
from
> another XP System.

> Is my conclusion of the problem, (CAPI Driver) correct or could it be
> something else.

> Thanks a lot for any help!

> Greetings Patrick

> System: Windows XP Professional SP1a
> Card: Xircom Credit Card ISDN (Euro)

AVM and Xircom Capi Drivers

Post by nos.. » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:00:33

Hello Patrick

I did a few more testing las night, I put in another Harddrive in my
notebook and installed Windows XP from scratch. The drivers for my Xircom
card ar included in WIndows XP, so I don't have to install any more. It runs
with a capi2032.dll driver. So after the installation I tried to connect
again, it worked like before. I get a connection but the transmissin is very
slow. Takes about 5 minutes to load a page. Sometimes it don't even loads
it.

So I thought probably the Card has a Problem with XP or something. I took
another notebook installed XP from scratch and did exact the same thing as
on my other notebook. It works perfectly.

After that I connected an external ISDN Modem to my notebook and it also
worked without a problem. So know I think the card-slot of my notebook has a
problem.

I think there's no other conclusion left, is there?
Thanks for your help.

Greetings Patrick

> Hi,
> have you tried the latest drivers from AVM for your card? Normaly all
cards
> should also work with the Windows XP CAPI driver but generally the best
way
> is to use the one form yor manufacturer. So for AVM cards there is no one
> known (by myself) that don't work. In this case call the AVM support. They
> are competent and can give you a hint to let the AVM card run. I think
that
> should be only a configuration problem.

> Patrick

> > Hello together,

> > I had a AVM Fritz Card ISDN PCMCIA Adapter installed in my modem. As it
> > never really worked, I replaced it with a Xircom Creditcard ISDN PCMCIA
> > Card.

> > So now the problem I have is, that I can connect with my Xircom card,
but
> > there's no data transmitted. It finds the site on the net (it shows the
> > titel in the browser), but does not download any data. With the analog
> modem
> > everything works fine.

> > So I think now, the AVM Card replaced the Capi driver so Xircom has
> seirous
> > problems communicating through it. As the Xircom driver comes with
WIndows
> > XP I have no possibility to replace it from somwhere, only if I copy it
> from
> > another XP System.

> > Is my conclusion of the problem, (CAPI Driver) correct or could it be
> > something else.

> > Thanks a lot for any help!

> > Greetings Patrick

> > System: Windows XP Professional SP1a
> > Card: Xircom Credit Card ISDN (Euro)

1. Problems accessing AVM-CAPI at device driver level

I try to use the AVM-CAPI at Windows NT4 device driver level. Here is what I
tried so far:

#define CAPI20_CTL_BASE             0x800
#define CAPI20_CTL_REGISTER         (CAPI20_CTL_BASE+0x0001)
#define FILE_DEVICE_CAPI20          0x8001
#define CAPI20_CTL_CODE( function, method ) \
  ((ULONG)CTL_CODE( FILE_DEVICE_CAPI20, function, method, FILE_ANY_ACCESS ))
#define IOCTL_CAPI_REGISTER \
  CAPI20_CTL_CODE( CAPI20_CTL_REGISTER, METHOD_BUFFERED )

UNICODE_STRING u;
PFILE_OBJECT FileObject;
PDEVICE_OBJECT DeviceObject;
NTSTATUS Status;
KEVENT event;
IO_STATUS_BLOCK StatusBlock;
PIRP Irp;

struct capi_register_params
{
  USHORT MessageBufferSize;
  USHORT maxLogicalConnection;
  USHORT maxBDataBlocks;
  USHORT maxBDataLen;

RtlInitUnicodeString( &u, L"\\Device\\CAPI201" );
Status = IoGetDeviceObjectPointer( &u, FILE_ALL_ACCESS, &FileObject,
&DeviceObject );
if ( !NT_SUCCESS( Status ) )
  return 0x1009;  // COMMON-ISDN-API not installed

r.MessageBufferSize    = (USHORT)1024 * 3;
r.maxLogicalConnection = (USHORT)2;
r.maxBDataBlocks       = (USHORT)7;
r.maxBDataLen          = (USHORT)2048;
// sizeof( r ) is 8

KeInitializeEvent( &event, NotificationEvent, FALSE );
Irp = IoBuildDeviceIoControlRequest( IOCTL_CAPI_REGISTER, DeviceObject,
  &r, sizeof( r ), 0, 0, FALSE, &event, &StatusBlock );
if ( Irp == 0 )
  return 0x1008;  // OS Resource error

KdPrint(( "=> IoCallDriver()\n" ));
Status = IoCallDriver( DeviceObject, Irp );   /* here the code crashes! */
KdPrint(( "<= IoCallDriver(): %#x\n", Status ));

The code crashes inside IoCallDriver() at address fbase!.text+96a0. (fbase
is the AVM-CAPI device driver)
Does anybody here knows what is going on and why this code crashes? I'm
using the following CAPI:

Controller     :        AVM ISDN-Controller FRITZ!Card Classic
Betriebssystem :        Windows NT 4.0 Workstation
Version        :        03.08.10
Build          :        99.11.22

Regards,
Axel

3. Looking for CAPI drivers Teles 16.3, CAPI 1.1

4. OS/2 & W4Win2.0 - What problems????

5. How to check the supported CAPI edition of my CAPI driver?

6. tcpip drivers

7. Help - Relationship between NDISWAN Miniport Driver and CAPI Driver

8. Java Front End Developer/MN/3+months/Only Locals

9. Capi and AVM Fritz - server.config (0/1)

10. Which AVM controller (plus CAPI) can handle 'line interconnect'

11. capi20_put_message in capi-adk from avm?

12. Installation AVM capi

13. Capi connection problems with AVM card