capi20_get_manu/ver/ser()

Post by Frank A. Ueppin » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:46:07

Hi,
the functions:
  capi20_get_manufacturer()
  capi20_get_version()
  capi20_get_serial_number()
return all `unsigned char *' to the user supplied buf.
For the return value it is stated `0x0 = Error: No information available'.

The function:
  capi20_get_profile()
has a return value of unsigned -- a info code of class 0x11xx.

What I want to know is, whether the information that the
former 3 funcs deliver, is OPTIONAL?
At least, this holds true for capi20_get_serial_number();
it is stated in the description, explicitely.
What about the other two's?
(If the info they deliver is not optional then the return value should be a
info code like capi20_get_profile() to make the interface consistent ;)

/FAU
(P.s.: Need a answer, for a CAPI implementation...)

capi20_get_manu/ver/ser()

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:38:02

Quote:> Hi,
> the functions:
>   capi20_get_manufacturer()
>   capi20_get_version()
>   capi20_get_serial_number()
> return all `unsigned char *' to the user supplied buf.
> For the return value it is stated `0x0 = Error: No information available'.

> The function:
>   capi20_get_profile()
> has a return value of unsigned -- a info code of class 0x11xx.

> What I want to know is, whether the information that the
> former 3 funcs deliver, is OPTIONAL?
> At least, this holds true for capi20_get_serial_number();
> it is stated in the description, explicitely.
> What about the other two's?
> (If the info they deliver is not optional then the return value should be
> info code like capi20_get_profile() to make the interface consistent ;)

> /FAU
> (P.s.: Need a answer, for a CAPI implementation...)

Frank,
unfortunaltely you're not telling us, which OS version you're talking from.
E.g. for Win32 the GET_MANUFACTURER operation is a void function, returning
nothing. The contents of SzBuffer is not part of the spezification, but of
course after calling this function this contents always has a defined value.

Have a nice implementation time ;)

HansJuergen

capi20_get_manu/ver/ser()

Post by Frank A. Ueppin » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:40:00

>> Hi,
>> the functions:
>>   capi20_get_manufacturer()
>>   capi20_get_version()
>>   capi20_get_serial_number()
>> return all `unsigned char *' to the user supplied buf.
>> For the return value it is stated `0x0 = Error: No information
>> available'.

>> The function:
>>   capi20_get_profile()
>> has a return value of unsigned -- a info code of class 0x11xx.

>> What I want to know is, whether the information that the
>> former 3 funcs deliver, is OPTIONAL?
>> At least, this holds true for capi20_get_serial_number();
>> it is stated in the description, explicitely.
>> What about the other two's?
>> (If the info they deliver is not optional then the return value should be
>> info code like capi20_get_profile() to make the interface consistent ;)

>> /FAU
>> (P.s.: Need a answer, for a CAPI implementation...)

Oops, the implementation is not a CAPI one but a `Remote CAPI'
solution for Linux.

Quote:

> Frank,
> unfortunaltely you're not telling us, which OS version you're talking
> from. E.g. for Win32 the GET_MANUFACTURER operation is a void function,
> returning nothing. The contents of SzBuffer is not part of the
> spezification, but of course after calling this function this contents
> always has a defined value.

> Have a nice implementation time ;)

> HansJuergen

I refere to Linux.
However, I did expected that the semantic of information retrievel
(i.e. whether a information is optional or not) is system independent.

/FAU

capi20_get_manu/ver/ser()

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:29:33

Quote:> I refere to Linux.
> However, I did expected that the semantic of information retrievel
> (i.e. whether a information is optional or not) is system independent.

unfortunately - this is not the case. Well, may be the sematic is the same,
but the coding may be different  :-)

back to your question: I assume, you're refering to Linux, i.e. the function
interface, offered by a (shared) library ? In this case I don't understand
your question:

you just have to implement
  capi20_get_manufacturer()
  capi20_get_version()
  capi20_get_serial_number()
in the shared library and have to transport the driver's information to the
applications. In case the driver does not offer this information, you should
use the specified return value.

HansJuergen

1. Receiving BIND requests on server that is no longer a DNS ser ver. ..

Thanks...I didn't mention that this used to be our external DNS for Internet
queries as opposed to our Intranet DNS internal to our network.  More than
likely it is DNS servers that are still holding on to the old NS records
after all this time.  I find it a little hard to believe that this
information would still be in their cache after two years though..-jon

2. sjvc

3. HDLC Prob between Ver 12 & Ver 11.3

4. Thank You Pages

5. Upgrade Firmware from ver 9.1 to ver 10

6. How to use RTP & RTCP with audio streaming to several participants ?!

7. NDS issue: DS.NLM ver. 8.11 vs. ver. 8.35

8. Help can't open the documents I created

9. ds.nlm ver 4.89c and dsrepair ver 4.29

10. Does anyone know the difference between Linksys LN100TX ver 4.1 and ver 5.0 network cards?

11. What is the difference between Ver. 4 and Ver. 8?

12. FW: What is the difference between Ver. 4 and Ver. 8?

13. 2500 Low load on SER's