230.4 Serial Speed doesnt work, Adtran 3000+16C950 serial ports

230.4 Serial Speed doesnt work, Adtran 3000+16C950 serial ports

Post by Brook Hart » Mon, 02 Jul 2001 08:19:00

Hopeing some ISDN guru can help me out.

I have a Adtran 3000 express and a highspeed 16C950 serial board. Trying to
use the 230.4 serial option on the Adtran using win2k.
115.2 works fine, but would like to bump it up for the extra speed increase
on bonded channels.

1. Win2k port set at 230.4
2. Modem set at 230.4K
3. Adtran switch 1 set up, (off) for 230.4K modem.

Open hyperterm, and the TD light flickers if I hold down the A key, but no
response from adtran isdn unit.

Any ideas? I flip both modem/port back to 115.2 and it works fine. Will call
Adtran next week, closed on weekends. :(

-Brook Harty

Post by wd » Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:47:05

>Hopeing some ISDN guru can help me out.
>I have a Adtran 3000 express and a highspeed 16C950 serial board. Trying to
>use the 230.4 serial option on the Adtran using win2k.
>115.2 works fine, but would like to bump it up for the extra speed increase
>on bonded channels.
>1. Win2k port set at 230.4
>2. Modem set at 230.4K
>3. Adtran switch 1 set up, (off) for 230.4K modem.
>Open hyperterm, and the TD light flickers if I hold down the A key, but no
>response from adtran isdn unit.
>Any ideas? I flip both modem/port back to 115.2 and it works fine. Will call
>Adtran next week, closed on weekends. :(

if your high speed serial card uses a clock multiplier, try setting your
software to 57.6k

that should fix it

1. basic question: possible to connect router serial port to pc serial port?

is it possible to directly connect a router's serial port to a pc serial
port?
since both are serial ports ...., on the other hand, there may be something
basic I'm missing.
anyone care to dispel doubts or explain?
ciao

_____________________________

georg naggies' home on the web
http://212.17.70.55

2. Validating Part of a Form

3. Serial Port to Serial Port file xfer DOS

4. TARGA TS600C

5. Motorola USB/Eithernet modem into a 16c950 serial card?

6. A1000 clock

7. High speed speed serial port

8. Software

9. Serial port Speed and 56k (courier speed?)

10. Cisco to Cisco serial connection - DCE Serial port config ?

11. Using 2511 serial ports as serial devices on Unix box.

12. Help with DDR on a sync/serial port (serial 0)

13. Can I connect router Serial interface directly to a PC serial port?