Info on ISDN line testers...

Post by Chris Shepher » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Looking for a good ISDN line tester... line quality, spid detection, etc...
Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Send to email if possible.  Thanks!

Chris Shepherd
Senior Tech Consultant- TSG

--
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of the Microsoft Corporation.

Info on ISDN line testers...

Post by Andrew H. Kauffma » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have been working with the TPI 550 B, which supports ISDN BRI, P phone,
and POTs.  I have only used it for ISDN testing.  So far, with all the
equipment I have used, you still need to know the SPID, CO, and software
type (eg NI-1) on the CO, but the TPI will support auto SPID when deployed
as I understand it.  I have been using the 550 with the CO counterpart, the
TPI 560, which answers a call from the 550, speaks the telephone number,
SPID, and bearer capabilities to you, then calls you back for a loop back
test.  The TPI will allow me to perform Layer 1, 2, and 3 testing, BERT
testing, and will also act as an LT at the CO frame and generate a 40 kHz
tone for dB test.  A new feature which I am just getting ready to try is
the U monitor.  The 550B+ which I just got has an RS232 port that will
provide basic packet contents, and some decode.

Andy Kauffman

> Looking for a good ISDN line tester... line quality, spid detection,
etc...
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Send to email if possible.
Thanks!

> Chris Shepherd
> Senior Tech Consultant- TSG

> --
> The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
> and do not reflect the official views of the Microsoft Corporation.
> [Heh, how did that get there??? Thats what I get for downloading internal
> software!!!!]

1. Old ATT ISDN TESTER NEED INFO.

Hello I have acquired a working (or suppose to) AT&T Integrated
Services Digital Network 2B1Q Installation and Maintenance Test Set,
it includes a AT-T
ISDN 7506 unit (phone) and ITE-6674 tester, I have been trying to find
information on this unit so I can use it in my home lab or at least
see if it works for what I need.

Any help would be great.....

Thanks, LFX>

2. clean install which file to back up

3. Siemens K1400 ISDN tester info please

4. MicroFazer Print Buffer info

5. Backup ISDN line with ISDN line

6. Begin ASM help..

7. New ISDN line vs Migrating existing line to ISDN

8. FS: Sun X7004A 256 MB memory kit - NOB

9. ISDN Lines. Info Please...

10. On-Line Info About ISDN Available Free via WWW

11. Programming Voice Info line with PC & ISDN???

12. BellSouth's ISDN Info Line

13. INFO NEEDED: V.110 tester