How "Caller ID call waiting" works w/ISDN?

How "Caller ID call waiting" works w/ISDN?

Post by Richard N. Bar » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

 Does anyone have ISDN and a caller ID box or phone w/CID display?

-?  If so, what happens when you are on a voice call on Voice 1 and you get
another voice call (another call appearance on voice one)...........does
your caller id box register the number of the 2nd call while you are on the
first call??  According to Motororla, their Bitsufr pro should do this.

-If the answer is yes, does your CID equipment support Call ID II (CID
w/call waiting)

Post by bandi » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> =
>  Does anyone have ISDN and a caller ID box or phone w/CID display?
> =
> -=C2  If so, what happens when you are on a voice call on Voice 1 and y=
ou get
> another voice call (another call appearance on voice one)...........doe=
> your caller id box register the number of the 2nd call while you are on=
 the
> first call?=C2  According to Motororla, their Bitsufr pro should do thi=
s.
> =
> -If the answer is yes, does your CID equipment support Call ID II (CID
> w/call waiting)

I also want to know this. I have talked to Motorola support about this
feature and was told that it wouldn't be in REV L. =

If you monitor the Bitsurfr though the RS-232 port, you will see that
call ID information is present in the call waiting message.

The other feature not in the Motorola Bitsurfr Pro is Call Blocking
Identification. The Bitsurfr identifies both Private calls and Out of
Area calls as Out of Area Calls. This is annoying in an area where too
many people are blocking their calls. If the majority of calls you make
from home are to people you would not identify yourself to, or give your
phone number then you are probably one sick puppy.
--
Rick LeVesque - Remove the asterisk when replying by email

Post by Gary Breuckm » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>If you monitor the Bitsurfr though the RS-232 port, you will see that
>call ID information is present in the call waiting message.

>The other feature not in the Motorola Bitsurfr Pro is Call Blocking
>Identification. The Bitsurfr identifies both Private calls and Out of
>Area calls as Out of Area Calls. This is annoying in an area where too

It doesn't do this for me, perhaps your CO is doing it differently.
In the two fields where the number normally shows, Blocked calls show
"BLOCKED" in one and "Private Number" in the other.
Out of Area show "Unavailable" in both fields.

This is with firmware 1L, but 1K was the same as I recall.

By the way, for those who don't know and want to play with this,

It normally defaults to Analog Port 1, for 2--> at*>c2      (c1 for 1)
Also you can enter at any time     AT*I   and see the status for both
as of right now (not monitoring, just one-time status).

--

1. Is "Call Waiting Caller ID" Different Than "Caller ID"?

CWID is supported by the V.92 protocol.

The "problem" I see in what you're trying to do is that the modem will
only pick up the CWID info while it it is off hook.

So, If you have broadband access to the 'net, and just want to use
your modem to act as a call-logger (incoming calls only), it will only
log "first calls", NOT calls coming in while you're already on the
phone.

I have a USR Courier V.Everything ... and I'm waiting fo the V.92
upgrade from their web site.

I think what you really need is something like a telephony card like a
Brooktrout or something like that.

Don Russell

2. Canada: Royal Bank

3. Ich weiss jetzt was kein Engel weiss

4. colorprinter CANON PJ-1080A

5. US West Test Northern Telecom's "Caller ID on Call Waiting"

6. Help! on getting a revision later than 1.1.

7. "isdn caller" or "isdn answer1" ??

8. Q about using "Call Waiting ID" & Box when I'm online

9. Which octets are "PAP ID" and "CHAP ID"

11. "Call forwarding" and caller-id