Bitsurfer Pro, Win98, MLPPP.. how?

Post by Tad » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am playing with a friend's Bitsurfer Pro and I can't seem to get MLPPP
going. I can connect one channel fine. I have the extra settings set to

in dial-up networking 1234567&1234567 everything looks good. Then when I go
to dial, windows magically took away the & and the dial out fails. If I put
in just one phone number I can dial my isp fine, but the DTE light does not
blink fast like the docs say it should when configured for MLPPP and only
one channel connected. I am running firmware 1M. Any suggestions
appreciated.

Tad

Post by Daniel Jam » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I am playing with a friend's Bitsurfer Pro and I can't seem to get MLPPP
>going. I can connect one channel fine. I have the extra settings set to

>in dial-up networking 1234567&1234567 everything looks good. Then when I go
>to dial, windows magically took away the & and the dial out fails. If I put
>in just one phone number I can dial my isp fine, but the DTE light does not
>blink fast like the docs say it should when configured for MLPPP and only
>one channel connected. I am running firmware 1M. Any suggestions
>appreciated.

>Tad

Uncheck "Use country code and area code" in DUN settings.

--
_______________________\|/___Daniel James___\|/_______________________
http://home.swbell.net/astac/ Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

Post by ThinkPad.. » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I am playing with a friend's Bitsurfer Pro and I can't seem to get MLPPP
>going. I can connect one channel fine. I have the extra settings set to

>in dial-up networking 1234567&1234567 everything looks good. Then when I go
>to dial, windows magically took away the & and the dial out fails. If I put
>in just one phone number I can dial my isp fine, but the DTE light does not
>blink fast like the docs say it should when configured for MLPPP and only
>one channel connected. I am running firmware 1M. Any suggestions
>appreciated.

>Tad

1. We never got 128K going until we flashed back to Rev J, then K
(where we are now). "L and "M" never worked right for us.

2. You might call your ISP's tech support and ask for suggestions
regarding "extra settings." The ones you are using above, never
worked for us. Couldn't hurt to try the ones we're using:

(typed in EXACTLY as above, with no other prefix)

Good luck!

Bitsurfer Pro, Win98, MLPPP.. how?

Post by Keith Die » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I use an External PS Pro with Win95. I have Code Revision M. I use these command
strings:

MLPPP Control String

PPP Control String
%A2=95 %A4=0

AIMUX Control String

I do not use the & in my phone number because both numbers are the same and the
revision notes going back some time say that it is not required. I use a
Lavaport PCI serial card running at 230400. I have 15+ KB throughput and no
problems with my ISP.

My ISP has U.S. Robotics Total Control Racks, MLP does not work well with the
HiPer Total Control Rack -- second B channel will not bond, drops, has poor
throughput. My ISP maintains one rack without HiPer upgrade for ISDN, and the
others run the HiPer upgrade for X2-V90 analog stuff. Maybe that could be a
source of your problem?

Keith Diehl -- Salt Lake City
http://www.xmission.com/~kdiehl

>>I am playing with a friend's Bitsurfer Pro and I can't seem to get MLPPP
>>going. I can connect one channel fine. I have the extra settings set to

>>in dial-up networking 1234567&1234567 everything looks good. Then when I go
>>to dial, windows magically took away the & and the dial out fails. If I put
>>in just one phone number I can dial my isp fine, but the DTE light does not
>>blink fast like the docs say it should when configured for MLPPP and only
>>one channel connected. I am running firmware 1M. Any suggestions
>>appreciated.

>>Tad

>1. We never got 128K going until we flashed back to Rev J, then K
>(where we are now). "L and "M" never worked right for us.

>2. You might call your ISP's tech support and ask for suggestions
>regarding "extra settings." The ones you are using above, never
>worked for us. Couldn't hurt to try the ones we're using:

>(typed in EXACTLY as above, with no other prefix)

>Good luck!

1. Multilink PPP (MLPPP), Linux RH 5.0, Bitsurfer Pro ISA

Howdy!

I've been trying to get MLPPP working from a linux box running Redhat 5.0
for a few days now.  I can connect fine over 1B, and can use the other B for
voice calls.  It's obviously (I'm assuming here so watch out) not a case of
bad SPIDs/DNs because both Bs work.

Some info:

ISDN phone co: Bell Atlantic
ISP: Buffnet (uses Ascend routers)
Linux hardware: an old Gateway 486SX/33 w/ Pentium Overdrive 83, 32M, 256k
cache, 5.4G among 3 HD's, scsi card with some external periphs, Cabletron
E21X, and 10x CD.
Linux software: kernel 2.0.34, pppd 2.3.5, all patches listed by Redhat are
applied

That leaves a few choices:

    Basically this configures the modem to use MLPPP and DOV.  FYI, the
manual I have does not list the Factory Profiles correctly.  AT&F0
configures the modem for Single-link PPP (I verified this by checking the
relevant AT settings listed).  The dial string I use is ATD1234567&7 which
was recommended by Motorola tech support, which differs from the manual.
The manual lists two ways of dialing: after the & repeat the number; just
include the &.

2) The card isn't configured properly under linux.  Currently it is
recognized as COM3 on IRQ3 at 0x3e8 and I use setserial to configure it for
spd_vhi.  Here's my options file from /etc/ppp:

connect "chat -vf /root/mypppscr"
user <myuser>
/dev/modem
115200
-detach
modem
lcp-max-configure 30
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
noipx
lock
debug
asyncmap 0x00000000
crtscts
defaultroute
noipdefault
mru 1024

Here's the chat script file:

REPORT CONNECT
ABORT BUSY
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
'' +++ATZ

OK ATD1234567\&7 CONNECT

3) The modem has a defect or there's a problem with the line.  Inside I'm
using Cat 5.

Any ideas?  I'm going to try and get a number from Mot Tech Support where I
can attempt an MLPPP connection and they can monitor things, or have them
connect to me.  I've already done this with my ISP and no matter what I've
tried nothing happens with the 2nd B.  I will also contact BA and have them
run some tests.

Thanks!

Andrew Chaplin, Computer Operator
Information Technology Services, Canisius College
chaplina at canisius dot edu (remove devnull when replying via email)

2. Looking for a block talkthru for 21065L EZ-LITE

3. Multilink PPP (MLPPP), Linux RH 5.0, Bitsurfer Pro ISA = NOPE

4. USENET Access Required

5. BitSurfer Pro MLPPP and PAP question

6. Wanted: Echo II speech synthesizer

7. 128K with Mot.Bitsurfer Pro(win98)?

8. File 737RAD.BMP

9. Can you upgrade a bitsurfer to a bitsurfer pro?

10. BitSurfer vs. BitSurfer Pro?

11. Bitsurfer vs. Bitsurfer Pro

12. Motorola Bitsurfer vs Bitsurfer PRO

13. BitSurfer vs. BitSurfer Pro