DDI digits receiving problem

Post by cosmin dumit » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:41:03

Hi,
  I try to build an application that support overlapped receiving,
  i'm using an C4 card from AVM.

 I have a problem till i receive the INFO_INDs elements :

  i don't know how long i can wait for the incomming digits ?
 and what is the InfoNumber that provide the ending of sending of blocks ?

 is any place that i can see the description of all INFO_IND->InfoNumber values ?

 Thank's in advance

cosmin dumitru

DDI digits receiving problem

Post by Joe » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:51:29

about the info messages: see "ets 300 102 1" document from ETSI web page
(www.etsi.org)
I'm sure Jochen will fill you in with the rest of information or at least
correct my misguidance

Joe

Quote:> Hi,
>   I try to build an application that support overlapped receiving,
>   i'm using an C4 card from AVM.

>  I have a problem till i receive the INFO_INDs elements :

>   i don't know how long i can wait for the incomming digits ?
>  and what is the InfoNumber that provide the ending of sending of blocks ?

>  is any place that i can see the description of all INFO_IND->InfoNumber
values ?

>  Thank's in advance

> cosmin dumitru

DDI digits receiving problem

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:32:10

Quote:> Hi,
>   I try to build an application that support overlapped receiving,
>   i'm using an C4 card from AVM.

>  I have a problem till i receive the INFO_INDs elements :

>   i don't know how long i can wait for the incomming digits ?

that's your choice

Quote:>  and what is the InfoNumber that provide the ending of sending of blocks ?

This information does not exist in ISDN - you know your own number, you can
count the extension digits, you are free to 'switch through' whenever you
want...

Post by Johann Deutinge » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:05:12

>> Hi,

[...]

Quote:>>  and what is the InfoNumber that provide the ending of sending of
>> blocks ?

> This information does not exist in ISDN - you know your own number,
> you can count the extension digits, you are free to 'switch through'
> whenever you want...

In Austria you get an INFO_IND without further digits but containing
the SENDING_COMPLETE Info element to signal that no more dialling
info should be expected. This allows for fallback to a phone operator
when no extension is dialled - in Germany you typically dial "0"
to reach an operator.

So the best would be to configure extension length so you can decide
when to accept the call and additionally accept on SENING_COMPLETE.

Johann