Euro ISDN standard - 300 403 or 300 102

Post by jm » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:51:42

Can anyone tell what is Euro ISDN deemed to be ETS 300 102 or EN 300 403 and
who is deploying it. I have just had a problem my 102 implementation and the
TRANSIT location appearing in a PROGRESS IE

Post by Phil McKerrache » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:59:59

> Can anyone tell what is Euro ISDN deemed to be ETS 300 102 or EN 300 403
and
> who is deploying it. I have just had a problem my 102 implementation and
the
> TRANSIT location appearing in a PROGRESS IE

It's now definitely ETS 300 403, at layer 3. ETS 300 102 is obsolete.

It's deployed throughout Europe (i.e. wherever the CE mark applies) as well
as Australasia and many other places.

Note however that there are many bugs and omissions in network
implementations, and the RTTE directive for terminals no longer requires
conformance tests at layer 2 and 3. In particular, supplementary services
are not widely implemented.

--
Phil McKerracher
http://www.mckerracher.org

1. Need clarification on ISDN protocol-(ETS 300 403-1)

Hi,

I am working on ISDN BRI protocol stack (User side) implementation
based on  ETSI standard. I need clarification for the following. I
thought some one here can  help me.

In the ETSI recommendation ETS 300 403-1 Nov. 1995  Page 25 Table 4-3
(Note 2) says that the following information elements may be  repeated.

1) Cause 2) Channel identification 3) Progress Indicator 4) Network
specific facilities 5) Transit Network selection.

But  how many times these information elements can be repeated and in
which of the call control messages these  can be repeated is not
specified in the ETSI/ITU-T documents.

Can some one please clarify the following points ?

1)What is the maximum no. of times each of the above  information
elements can be repeated ?

2)In which of the call control messages these information elements can
be repeated ?

Thanks in advance.

sincerely

Haribabu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Spanning Tree Software

3. ETS 300 102

4. *Non* tcp/ip time sync software for Win9x network?

5. Zyxel Omni TA 128 and ETSI 300 102

6. How to set timeout on my TCP/IP connection

7. ETS 300 102-1 & Q.391

8. Q.931/ETS 300 102 specification

9. Documentation about Info Number / Info Element according to ETS 300 102-1 / Q.931

10. Siemens Hicom 300 / Hicom Trading 300

11. Siemens Hicom 300 E and Siemens Hicom 300 H

12. ISDN-Telefon/AB 300,- und ISDN-Karte 150,- DM