Connecting a 3Com Remote 511 to Internet and remote LAN

Connecting a 3Com Remote 511 to Internet and remote LAN

Post by Lars Ove Claesso » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi.

I'm trying to configure a 3Com OfficeConnect Remote 511s to
run towards both Internet (with dynamic IP's from an ISP),
and towards a remote LAN (with static IP's).

I'm beginning to run out of ideas. The routing is extremely
unstable. Sometimes internet works just fine, and after
rebooting, internet is lost but the LAN routing works again.
The LAN I'm connecting to has a Cisco router (803?).

I would *greatly* appreciate any help from someone who's done
this before or from anyone with any suggestions. I'm just about
to change the router with a Cisco (which I know works), but
won't give up on this one just yet.

Regards,
Lars Ove Claesson

1. 3com ISDN Remote 511 router firewall configuration

Hi All,

Can anyone out there give me some help with configuring the IP firewall
settings a 3Com ISDN 511 router? It is connected to a standard class C
subnet (255.255.255.0) using the unpublished address range (192.168.0.0) - I
have NAT enabled and I can connect freely to my ISP without any problems.

What I would like to do is deny access to the internet on all but a few
select workstations on the internal network. I have tried 3coms web
knowledge base...pretty useless and I have also spoken to their European
technical support centre, which is even worse!

I have successfully allowed internet access to one workstation whilst
successfully blocking another. The only problem with this is that I would
have to place 254 entries in the IP firewall configuration table to ensure
that all addresses on the class C subnet are either allowed or denied.
Surely there must be an easier way to do this?? I have tried some of 3Coms
settings to do this on an "deny all...allow some" basis for the IP addresses
but they do not seem to work. The results from this are either everything is
allowed or everything is denied.

If any one out there has experience of 3Com ISDN routers and there IP
firewall configuration, help would be much appreciated!!!

Darren.

2. Hockey League Simulator 2

3. remote connection to 3com office connect lan modem

4. how to disable "windows 2000 configure your server" dialog box?

5. Strange problem: while connected to remote site, WS can't ping remote server

6. Survey: Does This 2-Line

7. netware connect - remote node vs. remote control?

8. ex/vi: Not halt when error on search failure.

9. Passwd 3Com OCR 511

10. 3Com OfficeConnect ISDN Lan Modem and Nortel Remote Access Client

11. ISDN + PPP + 3COM OFFICECONNECT 511

12. 3Com OCLM & 511 router

13. 3com OCR 511 problem