Bitsurfr Pro Multilink

Post by Jim Vaugh » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Dial Up Networking.

Quote:> What does DUN stand for?

--
Jim Vaughan
Redondo Beach, CA

Bitsurfr Pro Multilink

Post by Tim Yocu » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

: What does DUN stand for?

Dial Up Networking. Windows... :)

Tim Yocum               -       NT Systems Administration
WorldWide Access        -       http://www.wwa.com/
        Microsoft Certified Solution Provider

Bitsurfr Pro Multilink

Post by Keith Die » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'd disagree with the setup below if you're using an external BSP. With that
setup, MLP is soley a function of the BSP and does not involve MS DUN Multilink
at all.

The exact setup depends on the code version in your BSP. With L and M, 9maybe
earlier) you need only enter the phone number once. You do not need to enter two
phone numbers separated with a "&" as in some modems.

With Windows 95  and an External BSP running L or M code release, here's my
setup, which works! <smile>

DUN is configured as if you were using an ordinary analog modem. Nothing special
except select the BSP as the modem to use.

In the BSP Modem - Properties - Connection - Advanced, I use this command string

That's PPP, Multilink, 128 KBS

For more information, read the code version release notes, the PPP.TXT file, and
visit the BSP web site.

Hope this was helpful.

In comp.dcom.isdn, me

>Now when you dial in you will force a 2B connection. If the 2nd channel stays idle for a minute or so, it will shut off. When you start a large transfer, the 2nd channel will again dial in.

Keith Diehl -- Salt Lake City
http://www.xmission.com/~kdiehl

Bitsurfr Pro Multilink

Post by Joe Sm » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>In comp.dcom.isdn, me

>>Now when you dial in you will force a 2B connection. If the 2nd channel stays idle for a minute or so, it will shut off. When you start a large transfer, the 2nd channel will again dial in.

>Keith Diehl -- Salt Lake City
>http://www.xmission.com/~kdiehl

I tried that, and I have an internal Analog modem installed along with
a ext. BSP.  It dialed up fine, but then after it connected with the
BSP, the analog started to dial out.  Under Multilink.,  I checked and
selected the BSP and the same number.  Any suggestions

1. Bitsurfr Pro MultiLink PPP Problem

I have been trying to establish a Multilink PPP connection to my ISP.
Every sample init string I've seen has PAP turned on. This ISP does not
support PAP on their Ascend equipment.

I've been trying to validate by answering prompts like in the analog
dial up. But I never get the login prompt. I've tried numerous init strings

Is there any way to accomplish this connection using PPPC?

2. Monitoring network traffic

3. CISCO 2503 Multilink PPP to BitSurfr Pro (2BChans) any luck???

4. Wanted?: Font that includes Ctrl Codes

5. Multilink PPP BitSurfr Pro-> Livingston PM2E

6. I still can't copy audio perfectly with my CDD3610

7. Bitsurfr Pro + Linux PPP == no Multilink!!

8. Controlled access sections - cannot get them to work at all

9. ???Bitsurfr Pro and MultiLink PPP/ DCA

10. Motorola Bitsurfr Pro and Multilink

11. Can't get Motorola BitSURFR Pro To Multilink

12. Bitsurfr vs Bitsurfr Pro