TIFF instead of SFF

Post by Claudio Graziol » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi there

Looking to the capi documentation page 107 B3 Configuration for
protocol 5 T.30 it seems that it should be possible to send tiff files
(and other graphic formats) rather than just the sff-format.

I made different tests (with an eicon.diehl diva server bri) to send a
tiff (different tiff compression modes), but couldn't find one, which
worked.

So my question, are there any isdn cards supporting this different
graphic formats instead of sff and if yes, which version of the tiff
format must be used?

thanx for any hint

Claudio Grazioli
University of Applied Sciences, Winterthur - Ansid AG

TIFF instead of SFF

Post by Jochen Kle » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hi there

> Looking to the capi documentation page 107 B3 Configuration for
> protocol 5 T.30 it seems that it should be possible to send tiff files
> (and other graphic formats) rather than just the sff-format.

> I made different tests (with an eicon.diehl diva server bri) to send a
> tiff (different tiff compression modes), but couldn't find one, which
> worked.

> So my question, are there any isdn cards supporting this different
> graphic formats instead of sff and if yes, which version of the tiff
> format must be used?

> thanx for any hint

> Claudio Grazioli
> University of Applied Sciences, Winterthur - Ansid AG

I do not knwo of a ISDN controller which supports a format other than
SFF. But if you already have TIF with the apropriate page format abn
compression G3 1D, it schould not be very complicated to create a SFF
file from that.

Jochen Klein

www.servonic.com

TIFF instead of SFF

Post by Claudio Graziol » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> > Hi there

> > Looking to the capi documentation page 107 B3 Configuration for
> > protocol 5 T.30 it seems that it should be possible to send tiff files
> > (and other graphic formats) rather than just the sff-format.

> > I made different tests (with an eicon.diehl diva server bri) to send a
> > tiff (different tiff compression modes), but couldn't find one, which
> > worked.

> > So my question, are there any isdn cards supporting this different
> > graphic formats instead of sff and if yes, which version of the tiff
> > format must be used?

> > thanx for any hint

> > Claudio Grazioli
> > University of Applied Sciences, Winterthur - Ansid AG

> I do not knwo of a ISDN controller which supports a format other than
> SFF. But if you already have TIF with the apropriate page format abn
> compression G3 1D, it schould not be very complicated to create a SFF
> file from that.

That's what I thougt.

And I think it should be very easy, to convert a tif with group 3
compression to a sff, but it is still more to do, than just give it to
the capi without doing anything ;-)

> Jochen Klein

> www.servonic.com

Claudio