Any way to make SDS-56 and ISDN-BRI work in PacBell land?

Any way to make SDS-56 and ISDN-BRI work in PacBell land?

Post by John Antyp » Wed, 31 Jan 1996 04:00:00

The subject says it all.  My employer wants to create a collection
of remote sites, all connected with ISDN to a centeral point.  Not all
connections will be needed all of the time.  I figured something like:

- N Motorola Bitsurfers (one per site)
- Ascend MAX-4000 at home base.

The problem is that not all of the sites have ISDN at this time.
I've heard that PacBell can use SDS-56 as a stop gap until then.
They would magically turn ISDN-single_B into SDS-56 and back in the
network?

Advice appreciated....

--

----
21st Century Software -- OS and Networking Engineering Services

Any way to make SDS-56 and ISDN-BRI work in PacBell land?

Post by Bob Camer » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

SDS56 requires Switched 56 CSU/DSUs. The BitSURFRs won't work on the
SDS56 lines but you can use a bridge or router with an RS232 or V.35
interface along with a CSU/DSU to serve the sites where you can't get
ISDN. You can then connect to the central router served by Primary Rate
or several Basic Rate ISDN lines.

Bob Cameron
http://www.ccg4isdn.com/isdn/info.html

Post by Kevin Smit » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> SDS56 requires Switched 56 CSU/DSUs. The BitSURFRs won't work on the
> SDS56 lines but you can use a bridge or router with an RS232 or V.35
> interface along with a CSU/DSU to serve the sites where you can't get

Or : http://www.ascend.com/products/p50ls56/p50ls56index.html

- which has the DSU/CSU built in....so you only need one box !

Quote:> ISDN. You can then connect to the central router served by Primary Rate
> or several Basic Rate ISDN lines.

> Bob Cameron
> http://www.ccg4isdn.com/isdn/info.html

--

Ascend Communications           Phone: 800-272-3634 x2203
                                http://www.ascend.com/

Post by cl.. » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

writes:

>The subject says it all.  My employer wants to create a collection
>of remote sites, all connected with ISDN to a centeral point.  Not all
>connections will be needed all of the time.  I figured something like:

>- N Motorola Bitsurfers (one per site)
>- Ascend MAX-4000 at home base.

>The problem is that not all of the sites have ISDN at this time.
>I've heard that PacBell can use SDS-56 as a stop gap until then.
>They would magically turn ISDN-single_B into SDS-56 and back in the
>network?

>Advice appreciated....

>--

>----
>21st Century Software -- OS and Networking Engineering Services

TELESYNC, Inc. manufactures a box that provides a customer BRI interface from
2 Switched-56 lines. It is intended for customer installations that can not
get ISDN BRI yet, but might in the future, or for equipment that requires a
BRI interface where none is available.

For more information, call (770)246-9662 and ask about the TSI-160.

I am associated with the company, but am not involved in this product.

Casey Lang

My opinions are mine alone and do not represent the opinion of any other
individual or company.

Any way to make SDS-56 and ISDN-BRI work in PacBell land?

Post by teles.. » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

     The actual product, that Casey Lang was refering to, is the TELESYNC TS-256.  It emulates an ISDN network, and passes
the data through two switch 56 lines.  The unit comes in two flavors, one for 2-wire and one four 4-wire type switch 56 networks.

1. PacBell BRI 56 to 64K, when?

I keep hearing/seeing that PacBell will `soon' provide 64K per channel BRI.

Two questions:  does anyone know how soon soon is?  If I'm lucky, do I maybe
get 64K now, and it's just some other poor schmoe who has to wait, or is this
a system-wide change they plan?

--Greg
Biosym Technologies, Inc.
* DISCLAIMER: Unless indicated otherwise, everything in this note is       *
* personal opinion, not an official statement of Biosym Technologies, Inc. *

2. Senior Embedded Controls Engineer position

3. Old 56 works, new 56 (PCI) doesn't -

4. How to begin?

5. Switched 56/Switchway .vs. BRI ISDN

6. Embedded tclsh

7. Switched 56 and 56 KBPS ISDN

8. sperry laser driver

9. PacBell: Home or SDS ISDN?

10. ATT 500 Number Working in PacBell-land Today

11. PacBell: Home or SDS ISDN?

12. ISDN in PACBELL land

13. No Caller ID for ISDN in PacBell land until Sept.