Infos about using the different protocols

Infos about using the different protocols

Post by Kay-Uwe Schreine » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:31:45

where can I find information (links, books, etc.) about using of protocols.
Not the definition of those (do i have already from www.capi.org)

I'm ready for sending and receiving any massages und structs, but I can't
find any informations obout usage in special cases.

e.g.
Which protocols and parameters do I need, if I wish to
- accept a voice connection
- receive data (converting is needed later, but infos are also ok :-)
- receive DTMF tones
- send data (first time, only for test)
- disconnect (this is uncomplicated I think)

later I need also informations about sending/receiving fax und files.

thanks in advance
best regards
Kay

--
CAPI-SDK (in progress) at http://capi-sdk.ksware.de

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:28:49

> where can I find information (links, books, etc.) about using of
protocols.
> Not the definition of those (do i have already from www.capi.org)

> I'm ready for sending and receiving any massages und structs, but I can't
> find any informations obout usage in special cases.

> e.g.
> Which protocols and parameters do I need, if I wish to
> - accept a voice connection

B1 64kbit bittransp, B2/B3 transp.

Quote:> - receive data (converting is needed later, but infos are also ok :-)

depends on the used data protocol - e.g. for X.75: B1 HDLC, B2 X.75, B3
transp

Quote:> - receive DTMF tones

like voice, but activate DTMF recognition

Quote:> - send data (first time, only for test)

see above - what do you want to do ? Use X.75 for data transmission without
errors; X.25 for communication with an X.25 network, ...

Quote:> - disconnect (this is uncomplicated I think)

yes :-)

Quote:> later I need also informations about sending/receiving fax und files.

see BProtocol parameters T.30.

One important thing: parameters, which you don't know, you normally don't
need - CAPI will insert the right default values.

HansJuergen

1. Router for Multiple different VPN sessions (using different targets & protocols)

Hi,

Looking at all postings, I assume that people here should be able to
help me. I have a LAN setup with 2 client PC's that need VPN access to
different corporate networks. Both computers run W2K.
* The first client uses an SST tunnel (Intel Netstructure VPN client)
using port 2233.
* The second PPTP client uses a GRE tunnel on port 1723.

I am looking for a router that supports both simultaneous connections,
going through my telindus 1111 modem/bridge into the internet to the
VPN servers.

I read many postings about simultabeous connections, but what about
using two DIFFERENT CLIENTS using DIFFERENT PROTOCOLS on DIFFERENT
PORT NUMBERS ? Will that cause problems ?

I have my eyes on the LinkSys BEFW11S4, the NetGear FM-114P (both
wireless) and the Netopia 4542 router. I am pretty sure that the last
one does support my configuration, but what about the first two ones ?

Help is highly appreciated. I receive my DSL (2-8 Mbit) connection in
two days and I would like to know what to buy..!

Best regards,

Marco

2. File *.scr restore executable

3. Supra: Different Results using Different Jacks

4. Win2k PC not seeing other PCs

5. Infos on European File Transfer Protocol wanted

6. To Weitek or not?

7. infos about b2 and b3 protocols

8. Power optimization tools

9. Are different ISPs using different DSL modems?

10. Setting up a two-way authentication using CHAP using different passwords

11. Equal Administrative Distances, Different Routing Protocols

12. What's the different between ILMI and SNMP protocol

13. What′s different between bridge protocol IEEE an d IBM?