Hybrex G1 824 ISDN Telephone System

Post by omneticia » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:37:49

Hi,

I`m not familiar with this newsgroup but have a general question which I`m
hoping someone out there can answer. I`m looking at buying an isdn simulator
for use in a home networking lab for use with routers. Most isdn simulators
are quite expensive but I have the opportunity to purchase a cheap Hybrex
pbx. My knowledge of pbx`s is nil. This pbx has 3 ISDN lines and I need to
know if I can connect these "back to back" and connect up two routers for
transferring data

thanks

Andy

Hybrex G1 824 ISDN Telephone System

Post by Jochen Klei » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 02:07:07

Andy,

Quote:> I`m not familiar with this newsgroup but have a general question which I`m
> hoping someone out there can answer. I`m looking at buying an isdn
simulator
> for use in a home networking lab for use with routers. Most isdn
simulators
> are quite expensive but I have the opportunity to purchase a cheap Hybrex
> pbx. My knowledge of pbx`s is nil. This pbx has 3 ISDN lines and I need to
> know if I can connect these "back to back" and connect up two routers for
> transferring data

If the PBX can run all or at least 2 of the ISDN lines as "internal ISDN
lines" it is posible. That means that the PBX can provide the clocking and
run the lines in NT (not TE) mode. If the lines are not S (S0), but U
interface, might be there is something speecial to watch for about
modulation/demodulation, signal coding, but(!) I dont realy know, I am not
familiar with U interfaces. and the differnet (there are differnt) coding
methods. Have a look at the data sheet or ask the vendor for thsi features.
In addition you need crossover cables (x-over send and receive wires) if not
a crossover / interal plug is allready provided by the PBX.

Regards,
Jochen Klein
www.servonic.com

Hybrex G1 824 ISDN Telephone System

Post by omneticia » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:19:54

many thanks Jochen

Quote:> Andy,

> > I`m not familiar with this newsgroup but have a general question which
I`m
> > hoping someone out there can answer. I`m looking at buying an isdn
> simulator
> > for use in a home networking lab for use with routers. Most isdn
> simulators
> > are quite expensive but I have the opportunity to purchase a cheap
Hybrex
> > pbx. My knowledge of pbx`s is nil. This pbx has 3 ISDN lines and I need
> > know if I can connect these "back to back" and connect up two routers
for
> > transferring data
> If the PBX can run all or at least 2 of the ISDN lines as "internal ISDN
> lines" it is posible. That means that the PBX can provide the clocking and
> run the lines in NT (not TE) mode. If the lines are not S (S0), but U
> interface, might be there is something speecial to watch for about
> modulation/demodulation, signal coding, but(!) I dont realy know, I am not
> familiar with U interfaces. and the differnet (there are differnt) coding
> methods. Have a look at the data sheet or ask the vendor for thsi
features.
> In addition you need crossover cables (x-over send and receive wires) if
not
> a crossover / interal plug is allready provided by the PBX.

> Regards,
> Jochen Klein
> www.servonic.com

1. Nitsuko (NEC AK-824) PBX System Problem

I have a problem with the AK-824 PBX System When I turn on the system
sometimes the red led placed in the main board doesn't work as it
should be. (flashing)

It blinks in many different ways.  In the station ports are a voltage
(Ok) of 45-50 volts but there isnt a tone signal present.  The
program phone connected in port 1 doesn't work.  What could be the
problem with the AK-824?  PS: It seems as the Z80 CPU hangs up ...

What can I do with the hardware to solve the problem?

2. Algorithm request

3. Experience with Panasonic DBS 824 Phone System

4. FS: CAC T1 Channel Banks

5. Delta 824 system for free.

6. FS: Serious Software - Offers

7. &G1 and &G1 required?

8. AP1329 AP1354 drivers?

9. Bitronic VT-824

10. Norstar DR-5 Manual for 824

11. WANTED: Melco Max-824 Stretch Console

12. I need help with a Panasonic DBS 824 switch