2 PCs on 1 NT - problem

Post by Robi » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:25:06

Does anybody have 2 PC's on 1 NT (each PC on it's S-port) and that
everything works as it should? Meaning each PC can go to Internet
simultaneously, each on it's own channel (64k), and their connections work
100%?

If so, could you please tell me what ISDN cards (TAs) do you have in each
PC?

Namely, my other PC can't surf the net when the first one is connected to
the NT. It connects, few bytes pass and then it stops, it can't open a
single page. Guys from my ISP came today, changed the NT (Santis
Communicator), provided me with new cables (regular phone cables), we even
tried with my UTP cables and still nothing. They say that NT and the phone
line are 100% operational and that the problem must be in my computers -
that maybe ISDN cards conflict or something. When they connected new cables
it all worked perfectly until i dosconnected PCs, rebooted and tried to
connect again. Same old story came back - first PC is OK, second one can
connect but only few bytes pass.

In first PC I have Asus P-IN-100 and in the other one some Kommod ISDN
adapter (switching cards didn't help).

Oh, btw, when I disconnect my first PC from the NT, the other one can
normally connect to the net and everything is OK, but when I connect the
first PC again (just plug it into NT), it screws up instantly. First PC has
10m of cable to the NT, second one has 15m. I tried regular phone cables and
UTP cables but to no avail.

Any ideas? Help me guys!

2 PCs on 1 NT - problem

Post by Phil McKerrache » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:32:39

Quote:> ...Oh, btw, when I disconnect my first PC from the NT, the other one can
> normally connect to the net and everything is OK, but when I connect the
> first PC again (just plug it into NT), it screws up instantly. First PC
has
> 10m of cable to the NT, second one has 15m. I tried regular phone cables
and
> UTP cables but to no avail.

> Any ideas? Help me guys!

Your cables are too long. Shorten them to less than 10m (ideally 3m) if you
can, otherwise you will have to use a "bus and spur" configuration, with
termination resistors at the end of the bus and no spur longer than 10m. My
ISDN tutorial at www.mckerracher.org/isdn has details, and links to the
specifications.

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.org

2 PCs on 1 NT - problem

Post by Robi » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:39:40

Quote:> Your cables are too long. Shorten them to less than 10m (ideally 3m) if
you
> can, otherwise you will have to use a "bus and spur" configuration, with
> termination resistors at the end of the bus and no spur longer than 10m.
My
> ISDN tutorial at www.mckerracher.org/isdn has details, and links to the
> specifications.

> --

Thx, I'll see what I can do about it ;)

1. Networking PC with Windows ME and PC with NT

I have a pc at home with Windows ME. I have a laptop with Windows NT.
Both of them have Ethernet cards in them. I have an Ethernet crossover
cable. Is it possible to form a network with these?
I tried to follow the instructions on my pc to setup the home network
but looks like the set up process requires all computers to have
either ME or 95 or 98 versions of Windows. Has anyone tried this and
succeeded? If there are alternatives to setup a network with these
PCs, that's fine too.
I really appreciate your help. Thanks, Ted.

2. Alternative Psion 5 stylus.

3. Can win95 PC see an NT server thru NT workstation DUN over TCP/IP

4. PLEASE Help !! can't run diskmanager.

5. NT 3.5 - NetWare PCs as NT clients -- HELP

6. Linear programming

7. Help!! USB PC to PC problems

8. Nec CD crashes system when door closes ???

9. NT Workstation data server on NT Server Domain problems.

10. Problems with password in NT domain and NT workstation and with login

11. High Tier PCS versus Low Tier PCS (was How "Mini" Are PCS Sites?)

12. Info on connecting PC to PC and PC to Mac using Null Modem cable Wanted

13. NT$HIST0.NTD, NT$ACCT.DAT & NT$HIST1.NTD