CAPI Analog Problems

Post by S. Tobia » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,

I have a 3COM USR Sportster ISDN TA in my machine.

I have no complaints about the ISDN portion at all, but I am supposed to be
able to talk to modems also.

My software with this card is RVS Comm Center. When I install the version
1.1 CAPI driver, I get an option to use a virtual analog modem device on COM
2. If I try to dial in to an NT server, it disconnects at once.

If I use the 2.0 CAPI driver, my software lets me use something called
"Softmodem" which simulates an analog modem device. When I dial with this
device, I get a connection, and after 5-10 seconds a window pops up and it
says "Error #650, the server you are calling could not answer a network
call"

Any ideas?

And if anyone knows of a fix , please tell me.

Thanks in advance