Sprint (NoVA) ISDN

Post by Mike Lawso » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:26:22

First, anyone know who to contact about getting ISDN? Their webpage doesn't
have much in the way of a contact.

Second, as I understand it, in order to have both 'B' channels
bonded/multilinked you need to have both channels/calls connect to the same
modem 'chassis' on the other end. Can someone explain this a little better,
in a little more detail?

I live in the middle of nowhere, cable and dsl are non-existant and a
multilinked analog configuration is - well it just doesn't work to well.
ISDN is about my only option. Frame and T1 are way too expensive. I live
about 125 yards from this bigh brown box where all of the analog phone lines
in our community connect before going into Sprint's CO a few miles away.

Thanks for any help,
Mike

Sprint (NoVA) ISDN

Post by David Sewe » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:51:56

> First, anyone know who to contact about getting ISDN? Their webpage doesn't
> have much in the way of a contact.

I recently ordered ISDN service from Sprint in central VA. The number
for information/ordering is 1-877-646-3282, options 1-2-1.

Sprint customer service, tech support, and local installer for ISDN have
all been good so far (unlike their reputation for POTS stuff).

David S.

[cc'd to email]

Quote:> Second, as I understand it, in order to have both 'B' channels

--
David Sewell, University of *ia
C*tesville, VA USA

Sprint (NoVA) ISDN

Post by Brian Bennet » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:28:58

> First, anyone know who to contact about getting ISDN? Their webpage
doesn't
> have much in the way of a contact.

I would call the customer service number on your bill and ask about ISDN,
they should be able to get you in contact with the correct person.

Quote:> Second, as I understand it, in order to have both 'B' channels
> bonded/multilinked you need to have both channels/calls connect to the
same
> modem 'chassis' on the other end. Can someone explain this a little
better,
> in a little more detail?

Correct. It just means you need an ISP (Internet Service Provider) that
supports 128k ISDN, Multilink, MPP. In the same way to get 56k v90 you need
an ISP that supports 56k v90, It's just a protocol. Some provides only offer
64k isdn so just make sure they advertise and offer 128k and you will be ok.

--
Brian Bennett
Data Packet Networks