Zyxel omni TA 128

Post by ben.. » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I would be happy if someone could answer these questions about the
> Zyxel omni TA 128:
> 1. Does it produce a ring on analog phones connected to the POTS
> jacks.

yes. It rang three phones and an answerin machine without problems here.

Quote:> 2. How good is the voice quality on analog phones?

good. some older types had some problems with a slight xtalk but the current
versions are modified IIRC.

Quote:> 3. Does it produce a busy signal when the caller hangs up?

of course.

Quote:> 4. having several phone numbers, do I have access to the called Nr? How?

please explain. I don't understand the Q.

--
Grobbebol's Home                 |      Don't give in to spammers.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel     |     Use your real e-mail address

Zyxel omni TA 128

Post by Edward Le » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>> 3. Does it produce a busy signal when the caller hangs up?

>By default, yes.  This may be disabled on either or both POTS phones.

Could you please elaborate? Are you talking about the 2-4 second busy signal
that is at the end of each message on my answering machine? Is this normal
for all ISDN TAs? How can it be disabled? Thanks for any info.

ed lee

Zyxel omni TA 128

Post by ben.. » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Could you please elaborate? Are you talking about the 2-4 second busy signal
> that is at the end of each message on my answering machine? Is this normal
> for all ISDN TAs? How can it be disabled? Thanks for any info.

afaik, it can't.

--
Grobbebol's Home                 |      Don't give in to spammers.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel     |     Use your real e-mail address
Linux 2.0.34  on  an i586/64 MB  |             on Usenet.

Zyxel omni TA 128

Post by Peter E. Fr » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> > Could you please elaborate? Are you talking about the 2-4 second busy signal
> > that is at the end of each message on my answering machine? Is this normal
> > for all ISDN TAs? How can it be disabled? Thanks for any info.

> afaik, it can't.

  Funny thing is, I like it.  Silence detection is a pain; low-band
detection is easy.  My voice modem cuts off beautifully with the Zyxel,
instead of recording (and hopefully deleting) n seconds of silence.
  A dial tone might be more appropriate, though.

Peter E. Fry