BitSurfer vs. BitSurfer Pro

Post by Victor Moran » Sat, 11 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have a fax modem and regular telephone lines. would it be wise to
get the Bitsurfer and by a connector that allows two phone lines to go
into one or just by the bitSurfer pro and just skip the connector?

Victor Morange
KO6ZK

1. BitSurfer vs. BitSurfer Pro?

Hello All,

Can someone please explain to me what the BitSurfer Pro gives you over the plain
BitSurfer?  One of the big differences I noticed was that the Pro supports
Multilink PPP, and the regular one doesn't.  But, they both claim to transfer
data at 128Kbps.  What, then, is the difference between Multilink PPP and BONDING
(which is the protocol that the regular BitSurfer supports)?

Also, from reading a bunch of the threads, I've gotten that there's a ~112Kbps
limitation on the serial port.  Does this limitation only apply to ports without
the 16550 UART?  Or, does it apply to any serial port?

TIA,
Supin

2. SYSTEM DISK4.0.2

3. Bitsurfer vs. Bitsurfer Pro

4. IBM AntiVirus Package

5. Motorola Bitsurfer vs Bitsurfer PRO

6. Como convertir PS --------> PDF ?????????

7. Can you upgrade a bitsurfer to a bitsurfer pro?

8. Motorola BitSURFER / BitSURFER Pro & 3COM Impact

9. Bitsurfer Pro -- US vs European interface

10. Bitsurfer Pro vs EZ

11. BitSurfer Pro vs 3COM?

12. Why??? Bitsurfer Pro vs USR 128k