Pipeline 75

Post by N7R » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:08:40

I just got a Pipeline 75 UBRI partly working; POTS ports are ok, but I
can't ping or telnet the IP address. I've re-set the IP address via
the serial cable, but its still no go. The odd thing is that when I
plug the 10Bt port into my router's internet port, the router sees the
modems IP address and reports it as the Gateway address, but when I
plug the modem into the a PTP port or directly into my laptop's
ethernet card, no ping or telnet to the same address.

Any ideas?

Pipeline 75

Post by Brian Bennet » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:22:37

Quote:> I just got a Pipeline 75 UBRI partly working; POTS ports are ok, but I
> can't ping or telnet the IP address. I've re-set the IP address via
> the serial cable, but its still no go. The odd thing is that when I
> plug the 10Bt port into my router's internet port, the router sees the
> modems IP address and reports it as the Gateway address, but when I
> plug the modem into the a PTP port or directly into my laptop's
> ethernet card, no ping or telnet to the same address.

> Any ideas?

Hello

In your connection settings or mod settings (I think) there are settings to
discard pings. That may be the cause.

--

Brian Bennett
Data Packet Networks