Gandalf 5240 cooling fan

Post by Bob Caddel » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for a source other than Gandalf/Mitel for cooling fans for
the bridge products they produced. I need replacement fans for the 5240s
and the 5211s. The failure rate is terrible. Most don't last a year and
if you don't catch it early enough you will fry the bridge.
Thanks

Gandalf 5240 cooling fan

Post by Mark Murph » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Give MCM a try they have all kinds of electronics including fans of all
sizes.  You can request a catalog from there web site.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

Please remove "NOSPAM" for mail

Mark Murphy
System Administrator

>I'm looking for a source other than Gandalf/Mitel for cooling fans for
>the bridge products they produced. I need replacement fans for the 5240s
>and the 5211s. The failure rate is terrible. Most don't last a year and
>if you don't catch it early enough you will fry the bridge.
>Thanks

Gandalf 5240 cooling fan

Post by Laurence V. Mar » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Give MCM a try they have all kinds of electronics including fans of all
>sizes.  You can request a catalog from there web site.

Also MOUSER Electronics, and of course DigiKey.
http://www.mouser.com
http://www.digikey.com

>>I'm looking for a source other than Gandalf/Mitel for cooling fans for
>>the bridge products they produced. I need replacement fans for the 5240s
>>and the 5211s. The failure rate is terrible. Most don't last a year and
>>if you don't catch it early enough you will fry the bridge.
>>Thanks

Laurence V. Marks
IBM Corp. - Research Triangle Park, NC

Gandalf 5240 cooling fan

Post by BD » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Is that 'refrective' of how you've built the rest of your system?  :)

>I was able to use a 386 cooling fan that CompUSA sold for this purpose.
>Worked fine but had the wrong connector so I had to tape the original
>one on.

Gandalf 5240 cooling fan

Post by Mike Carso » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I was able to use a 386 cooling fan that CompUSA sold for this purpose.
Worked fine but had the wrong connector so I had to tape the original
one on.

Mike Carson

:>Give MCM a try they have all kinds of electronics including fans of all
:>sizes.  You can request a catalog from there web site.
:>

: Also MOUSER Electronics, and of course DigiKey.
: http://www.mouser.com
: http://www.digikey.com

:>
:>>I'm looking for a source other than Gandalf/Mitel for cooling fans for
:>>the bridge products they produced. I need replacement fans for the 5240s
:>>and the 5211s. The failure rate is terrible. Most don't last a year and
:>>if you don't catch it early enough you will fry the bridge.
:>>Thanks
:>
:>

: Laurence V. Marks
: IBM Corp. - Research Triangle Park, NC

1. Help wanted: configuring Gandalf 5240/5242 ISDN boxes

We are a small college about to connect our campus LAN to a small LAN at newly created
faculty office site.  Each LAN runs Novell 3.12, one over Token Ring, one over
Ethernet 10bT.

Nevada Bell has already installed 2B+D ISDN lines at each site.  The next step is to
connect the LANs over these lines via Gandalf ISDN boxes.  (One box is a
5240i, the other a 5242i.)  Before I get too carried away I'd like to get some
idea of the proper configuration of these boxes for a Novell network.  Traffic
for now will be strictly IPX.  In the future we plan on using Gandalf boxes to
connect to a router at the University of Nevada, Reno, for our Internet access.

I only know enough about NW to keep myself out of significant trouble and would
appreciate any help to keep it that way.

George Brooks
Sierra Nevada College

2. Jumpers on 5.25 inch drives

3. FS cisco 1004 and gandalf 5240 $140 8x compression

4. Rear-Projection TVs

5. Gandalf Lanline 5240 update wanted

6. Re-using a open data window

7. User evaluation of Gandalf 5220 / 5240 ISDN bridge

8. .Net programmer + Architect expertise

9. Cisco 5240 and 56K HSP Micromodems

10. CPU COOLING FAN

11. Cooling fans in 10/100 Autosensing hubs

12. GANDALF ACCESS Series 24S modem help / Gandalf business phone # ?