isdn-Sportster Help!

Post by kilg » Sun, 10 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I need help with this modem.  I am in Costa Mesa, CA w/ Pac Tel
I have a DMS 100 switch, but Pac-tel told me to use the NT1 standard.

I cannot connect with the main switch outside of my house.  It cannot
synch up withj it.  I have tried every suffix imaginable for both
SPID's, but still doesn't work.  Any Ideas?

pac tel says it should be areacode+number+00 for both, but doesn't
work.

thanks
kilgor

isdn-Sportster Help!

Post by John School » Wed, 13 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>~I have a DMS 100 switch, but Pac-tel told me to use the NT1 standard.
>~SPID's
>~pac tel says it should be areacode+number+00 for both, but doesn't
>~work.

>Those two things are correct but what what else are you using?
>Make sure you know if your switch is 56k or 64k (this setting must be
>correct). If it is 64k make sure the number you are calling is
>1+areacode+number even if local call. If local and 56k just use the
>seven digit number.

>What os are you using? What software?

>You will love it when you get it working....I'm getting 17K+ transfers
>off some sites!

I had exactly the same problem....Pac Bell was wrong.  Specify the
numbers as Northern Telecom DMS 100....
14155551212(substitue your actual number here)
415555121200(1st SPID is areacode,number,00)
14155551213(substitue your 2nd number)
415555121301(2nd Spid is areacode,number,01)

That solved my problems completely, except if you are using Chameleon,
watch out for the dial setup.  You cannot specify both multilink PPP
in the USR setup and also in the Chameleon setup....(netmanage
instructions say different...just enter one number and the USR card
will take care of the rest as tho in netmanage you only had one 64Kb
line)  Good luck.  And you will love it...the speed is incredible.