SMS to fixed line capable phone

Post by Nishen Naido » Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:56:17

Hi all,

I'd like to send an sms to a fixed line capable phone.  Where should I
start?

thanx
Nish

SMS to fixed line capable phone

Post by Pim » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:23:52

Quote:> Hi all,

> I'd like to send an sms to a fixed line capable phone.  Where should I
> start?

> thanx
> Nish

If you want to send it yourself, your ISDN or modem card needs to support
V.23 half duplex. The data to send is described in ETSI spec 201 912. Also,
your phonenumber needs to have a certain endnumber and needs to support
Caller Line Identification. I hope this helps.
If you use a GSM handset to send the SMS, the SMSC will handle the
transmitting.
Pim