Newbie Question Cisco 804 Router TinyRom Upgrade

Newbie Question Cisco 804 Router TinyRom Upgrade

Post by J Flyn » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:07:00

I have the new responsibility for maintaining the Remote Isdn 804's
and upgrading the IOS to incorporate firewall, vpn and other features.
At the same time I would like to upgrade the Tiny rom to 1.4. which
I have of one 804.  Can I copy the Tinyrom to Dram memory then
TFTP transfer the image to the server?  and then use it to upgrade
the existing TinyRom 1.0.(2).

It is probably a trivial question but I would appreciate the answer
and the specific syntax to accomplish the task.

TIA

John Flynn

1. Cisco 804 ISDN router hangs booting into TinyROM

I bought this router on Ebay, but cannot connect to it using the Cisco Fast
Step application with either the LAN connection or the console cable. The OK
LED is OFF (other LEDs are ON), and when I try to connect using
HyperTerminal I get the following:

TinyROM version 1.0(2)
Mon Nov 02 17:14:21 1998
Copyright (c) 1998 by cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.

POST ....

It just seems to hang at this point.  Is there anything else I can do here,
or is this a hardware problem?

Thanks for any help...

Tim

2. Hard drive boot problem

3. Cisco 804 TinyROM deletion?

4. Recovering My Favorites Folder

5. Any Interest in MS VPN / PPTP HowTo Guide?

6. upgrade tinyrom on a router 801

7. CISCO 804 ROUTER + CISCO CCNA STUDY GUIDE FS!

8. 804 Newbie config questions

9. Newbie question :: Multilink PPP and 804 -

10. Newbie- Forwarding tcp and udp on cisco 804

11. 804 Router question