100 ohm STP cable for bus S and distance between TA

100 ohm STP cable for bus S and distance between TA

Post by ma » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:59:14

I found a 100 ohm STP schielded cable is ok for isdn?

If I use a normal UTP unshielded cable how can I shield it for about
3 meters because is 5cm near the eletric line?

The distance between TA is a critical factor?
Because in my home some socket are very near ( few cm) and some are very far
(few meters).
Is a problem?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks to all.

Post by David Leshe » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:46:31

>I found a 100 ohm STP schielded cable is ok for isdn?
>If I use a normal UTP unshielded cable how can I shield it for about
>3 meters because is 5cm near the eletric line?

Unless you have a regulatory requirement, I would not bother.
ISDN is very immune to 60Hz interference. Almost any paired cable
will work OK.

Quote:>The distance between TA is a critical factor?
>Because in my home some socket are very near ( few cm) and some are very far
>(few meters).
>Is a problem?

I do not think the spacing between outlets will affect you.

1. Catalyst 2924-XL fit for using STP (100 Ohm) cables?

Hello,

can anyone please clarify that matter to me? I've searched the
Cisco documentation, but could only find a paper on IBM 150 Ohm STP
issues. (Impedance at least shouldn't be a problem).
All I want is to connect both UTP and STP Cat5 cables to a Catalyst
2924-XL. Do I have to take any precautions (regarding shielding,
earthing)
or can I just plug them in?

Thank you

Dorothea Muecke-Herzberg

2. Import Filters for WordPerfect 5.x

3. 100 Ohm vs. 120 Ohm

4. LDAP : ordinal 226 error

5. Netspeed

6. 100 Ohm, 100 Mhz or 350 Mhz Balun

7. Serial communication from PC machine code

8. Fast Ethernet with 150-ohm STP cable IBM Type 1A

9. 75 Ohm BNC unbalanced to 120 Ohm DB-15 or RJ-48C Cable

10. Looking for 100 Ohm terminating resistor

11. Fast Ethernet with 150-ohm STP IBM Type 1A