x.25 over d-channel

Post by bali » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:50:13

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to have more than one application
communicating with CAPI in the d-channel over x.25 with different
addresses / parties.
Is it furthermore possible to have two open connections on the
b-channels and to send X.25 packets through the d-channel at the same
time ?
As far as I know, just in the case of using more than one S0 bus, I
need more than one TEI; am I right ?

Does anybody have some detailed information about the Austrian Datex-P
net - especially how to address a party you want to send packets to?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Balint

x.25 over d-channel

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:11:58

Quote:> Hi,

> I wonder if it is possible to have more than one application
> communicating with CAPI in the d-channel over x.25 with different
> addresses / parties.

yes, that's possible according to the CAPI specification, but not all CAPI
implementations support this feature by default.

Quote:> Is it furthermore possible to have two open connections on the
> b-channels and to send X.25 packets through the d-channel at the same
> time ?

yes

Quote:> As far as I know, just in the case of using more than one S0 bus, I
> need more than one TEI; am I right ?

I don't understand this question: the (fixed) TEI is local for each
S0-interface; so for every S0-interface, offering an X.31 access, you'll get
an own fixed TEI value from the network operator.

Quote:

> Does anybody have some detailed information about the Austrian Datex-P
> net - especially how to address a party you want to send packets to?

here I have to pass :-)

Quote:> Thanks a lot for your help,
> Balint

HansJuergen

1. Data (X.25) via ISDN D-Channel ?!?

Hi, think i read or heard something about Cisco will support data transport
via the ISDN D-Channel (16Kb signalling channel) in some future IOS release.

Is that true ? Would be really good....

Thanks much, Joachim

---
Joachim Franke

Motorola GmbH                   Phone:     +49-6128-702027
Heinrich-Hertz Strasse 1        Fax:       +49-6128-72920

Germany

2. Hiding / Displaying Buttons

3. how to setup X.25 over ISDN D-channel

4. CSD for IBM Works

5. D-channel X.25 messages: how does DMS-100 handle?

6. Modem Plugging-in Problem

7. capi x.25 d-channel state

8. Tape drive problem ??????

9. X.25 over D-Channel

10. X.25 over D-channel / UUS3

11. Using X.31 (X.25 over the d-channel)

12. Anyone in UK using D-Channel for Data (like X.25, etc)

13. X.25 over ISDN D-channel cost and avail.