Pipeline 75 not dialing ISP?

Post by N7R » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:44:26

My computer connects via its internal modem and not via the Pipeline
75 its attached to via an ethernet card. The Pipeline is assigning the
'puter an IP and the 'puter sees the Pipeline's IP as the internet
gateway, but uses its internal analogue modem anyway.

I can't tell if there is something set wrong in the Pipeline's config
or the laptop's. How does the Pipeline know that its supposed to
dial-up the ISP? How does the laptop know it's supposed to get its
internet packets from the Pipeline and not via its internal modem? I'm
obviously missing a key link here.

Pipeline 75 not dialing ISP?

Post by N7R » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:41:40

More -

When I ping the ISP's server, the Pipeline's status window reports and
outgoing call to the ISP's dial-in ISDN, then reports that the call is
connected, then pings four times with the reques timing out each time,
then the Pipeline reports that the call is terminated.

The ISP says that I'm not connecting when I do this.

Why does the Pipeline think that I'm connecting? What settings might
be wrong?

1. Ascend pipeline 75, can it be set to not dial after 8pm

Does anyone know if the the pipeline 75 isdn router can be set such
that it will not dial out after a certain time of day, say 8pm, then
start dailing again at say 8am???  router software is version 5.1a
which is the original version that came with it 3 years ago or so.

Thanks, Ken

2. Please don't miss this!!

3. ISP, Two PC's and Pipeline 75 question.

4. Y2K and S/36 -> AS/400 tools

5. Pipeline 75 Router Connections To ISP

6. ACAD LT/95 with symbols library

7. Using Pipeline 75 to Access Panix ISP

8. Creating DBF before opening DBServer opens

9. Pipeline 75 connection to ISP (Mindspring)

10. Pipeline 75 only connects to ISP at 56K

11. Connecting to ISP with Ascend Pipeline 75

12. Cisco 762M dialing to/from Ascend Pipeline 75

13. Ascend Pipeline 75, prevent from dialing after 8pm