REQUEST: looking for device to multiplex 23 analog calls onto PRI

REQUEST: looking for device to multiplex 23 analog calls onto PRI

Post by Glen B. Glate » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have a PC with 24 modems attached.  I'd like to dial all 24 modems and
have those analog calls multiplexed through some device that takes the
analog calls on one side and spits out a PRI connection on the other.

That PRI would then connect to a switch that would route the calls
appropriately.

I have a device that does this just fine for analog to T1.

I need a similar device for analog to PRI.

Does anyone know of such a device?

--glen

REQUEST: looking for device to multiplex 23 analog calls onto PRI

Post by Laurence V. Mar » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a PC with 24 modems attached.  I'd like to dial all 24 modems and
>have those analog calls multiplexed through some device that takes the
>analog calls on one side and spits out a PRI connection on the other.

>That PRI would then connect to a switch that would route the calls
>appropriately.

That sounds like a channel bank connected to a switch simulator.  I have seen
this done with a channel bank connected to a Teleos (now Madge) switch.  See
for example the Madge Access Switch 60.  One of many sources of channel banks
is Adtran.

Laurence V. Marks
IBM Corp. - Research Triangle Park, NC

1. Significance of ":23" on ISDN PRI interfaces

I realize that a PRI circuit contains 23B+1D channels. When
configuring this type of interface on a router, I believe the serial
interface is generated after configuring the "pri-group timeslots
1-24" command (i.e. under controller T1 1/0). So, the following
interface is now available for configuration
"interface Serial1/0:23". I know that the ":23" is the D channel, but
is this representation only to signify that this serial interface is
indeed a PRI.

Although I know it works, it looks misleading when you see an IP
address configured for "int s1/0:23" when in essence it's the D
channel. You see this when there is typically only one dialer profile
configured in contrast to multiple "int DialerX" interfaces used with
dialer pools.

Just curious,
Keith

2. CISCO PIX 515e, VPN and packet filtering

3. ISDN PRI D-Channel (23 or 24)

4. Matrox Driver 2.02 install hosed Win Drivers

5. ISDN PRI 23/24 Ch's

6. Mult Ether, One Subnet

7. Multiplexing Onto Single BRI?

8. Unable to export Netflow Data over IPSec VPN Tunnel

9. Minutes of the Wednesday, April 23 LLMNR conference call

10. ISDN PRI (E1) and analog calls

11. Analog calls limitation on PRI

12. C3620 + NM6DM + PRI : CLID on analog modem calls

13. ABOUT CALLS BETWEEN ISDN AND ANALOGUE DEVICES