Bitsurfer Pro -- US vs European interface

Bitsurfer Pro -- US vs European interface

Post by Stan Goodma » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

The interface required of an ISDN TA in US and European systems is, I
understand, different. Can anybody tell me in what way the *hardware* is
different in the case of the Motorola Bitsurfer Pro? Is this a matter of an
alternate PROM? Or jumpers? Or something else that can be changed either by a
user or by Motorola?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Stan Goodman  %
% Qiryat Tiv'on %
% ISRAEL        %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

1. BitSurfer vs. BitSurfer Pro?

Hello All,

Can someone please explain to me what the BitSurfer Pro gives you over the plain
BitSurfer?  One of the big differences I noticed was that the Pro supports
Multilink PPP, and the regular one doesn't.  But, they both claim to transfer
data at 128Kbps.  What, then, is the difference between Multilink PPP and BONDING
(which is the protocol that the regular BitSurfer supports)?

Also, from reading a bunch of the threads, I've gotten that there's a ~112Kbps
limitation on the serial port.  Does this limitation only apply to ports without
the 16550 UART?  Or, does it apply to any serial port?

TIA,
Supin

2. Wanted: Dead or Alive - Nebulous manual/artwork

3. Bitsurfer vs. Bitsurfer Pro

4. wtb: two 2000 motherboards (ncn!)

5. Motorola Bitsurfer vs Bitsurfer PRO

6. AS400/PC Support ...Work with Windows95?? HELP!

7. BitSurfer vs. BitSurfer Pro

8. Multiple BRIs to P75??

9. US S & European U Interface Physical Difference?

10. US vs European Modems

11. European vs. US telephone systems query

12. European vs. US telephone systems query: Responses

13. Can you upgrade a bitsurfer to a bitsurfer pro?