DEMO32.EXE from the SDK, and INS-1500: Doesn't work.

DEMO32.EXE from the SDK, and INS-1500: Doesn't work.

Post by Lennart Floreb » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

The demonstration program provided with the Software Development Kit
from CAPI Association seems not to work with INS-1500 (Japaneese) PRI.

We send CONNECT_REQ to initiate a call, we get CONNECT_CONF without
any error code.
Then the net makes CAPI send the message DISCONNECT_IND with
REASON=0x34e5
which is "Message not compatible with call state"

Anyone know why this message comes? Or of differences between INS-1500
and other protocols, I mean such differenties that a CAPI programmer
must consider?

More info:
The hardware is Eicon S2M, and the net simulator is Aculab's "Groomer".
Platform: NT 4.0

The answering side also runs the SDK's DEMO32.EXE, and is put in
listening mode with "l". We were told the answering side sent a
"ALERT_REQ" as an answer to "CONNECT_IND" and that it shouldn't. But
this is as I said the
answering side, and it is the calling side that gets the error.
Both sides immediately get a DISCONNECT_IND, but the answering side
gets no error code, "Normal call clearing". We also removed the
ALERT_REQ sending from the DEMO32.EXE, but we got the same result.

Any input will be appriciated

/Lennart Floreby

Post by Lennart Floreb » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Hai,
> Whare can i find that capi-SDK.
> I have searched on the www.capi.org site but not found.

> Thanks Niels

For instance at
http://www.avm-usa.com/avm-usa/capi.htm

/Lennart Floreby

DEMO32.EXE from the SDK, and INS-1500: Doesn't work.

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Lennart Floreby wrote ...

Quote:>The demonstration program provided with the Software Development Kit
>from CAPI Association seems not to work with INS-1500 (Japaneese) PRI.

>We send CONNECT_REQ to initiate a call, we get CONNECT_CONF without
>any error code.
>Then the net makes CAPI send the message DISCONNECT_IND with
>REASON=0x34e5
>which is "Message not compatible with call state"

>Anyone know why this message comes? Or of differences between INS-1500
>and other protocols, I mean such differenties that a CAPI programmer
>must consider?

>More info:
>The hardware is Eicon S2M, and the net simulator is Aculab's "Groomer".
>Platform: NT 4.0

Lennart,

CAPI Association doesn't provide a SDK; I guess you are talking about AVM's
SDK (see also http://www.avm.de) .

The included example programs use CAPI to establish connections and transfer
data. So, if you receive unexpected CAPI-messages, that's normally a problem
of the used CAPI implementation.

In your case there seems to be a protocol problem (mismatch?) between your
ISDN hardware and the underlying 'network' (i.e. the net simulator). That's
not a problem of the SDK.
You should contact Eicon, if they support INS-1500 PRI. Do you have a
possibility to get a decoded D Channel Trace (layer 3) from your simulator ?

Hans-Juergen

Post by Lennart Floreb » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> CAPI Association doesn't provide a SDK; I guess you are talking about AVM's
> SDK (see also http://www.avm.de) .

You're right.

Quote:> The included example programs use CAPI to establish connections and transfer
> data. So, if you receive unexpected CAPI-messages, that's normally a problem
> of the used CAPI implementation.

Yes, sorry AVM.

Quote:> You should contact Eicon, if they support INS-1500 PRI. Do you have a
> possibility to get a decoded D Channel Trace (layer 3) from your simulator ?

I have more details now on the problem:
It is at the ANSWERING side the problem occurs (eventhough it appeared
on the calling side's screen). When the net sends SETUP, the Eicon card
answers with SETUP_ACKNOWLEDGE, which is not allowed in INS-1500
(Japan). The right reaction would be to send a CALL_PROCEEDING (because
we at CAPI level have sent a LISTEN message).

Since my first message, I have contacted Eicon, and tried to get a
confirmation or a denyal of the problem, at least. So far, they have
supported me by telling me to download the latest driver and things like
that. The "call centre" could not get into a discussion of the real
problem. I mailed them log files from their own logging programs
included in the cards software package, but have not got any reaction so
far. This was thirsday 28:th jan. So maybe I should give them more time.
But I think they could inform me they are working on it, and let me get
in contact with some development or verification instance, so I know
they got my point.

The simulator does not give layer 3 trace, but Eicon's software gives
both a CAPI log, and a levels 2+3 log. The latter illustrates the error
very good. I don't want to annoy the newsgroup by attaching it here, but
I mail it to you in case you want to look at it.

Thanks!
/Lennart Floreby

1. CAPI-ADKs demo32.exe works without CAPI2032.DLL -- why ?

Hi,

some times ago I trieded demo32.exe from AVMs CAPI-ADK with Windows
95 and -- as far as I know -- the ISDN Accelerator Pack from MS  .
When I checked the source code I can`t find any loadlibray() for

Why (without CAPI2032.DLL)?

Regards,
Thomas

2. HP Laserjet **6** L ??

3. Need to take an ISDN/INS-1500 channel out of service

4. appending to txt file

5. problems compiling project based in"demo32.exe"

6. CD Manufacturers in South Africa?

7. CASTOFF.EXE doesn't work with NW 3.12 upgrade

8. vast zetten van Formules

9. WFWPTP.EXE - why doesn't it work at all???

10. Zoom 2819 (v.90): '+MS=56' doesn't work?

11. Windows 98 - IP adress resolution via 'Hosts' file doesn' work

12. Help Net Diag works in Dos, but doesn't work in Windows