Incoming Number without leading 0

Post by Holger Gotha » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:36:25

Hi,

I've build a CAPI-Monitor. But the incoming number is
evry time without a leading 0.
For local calls its not important. But how can I decide,
that the call is from abroad?

Any help welcome. Thanks, Holger.

Incoming Number without leading 0

Post by Georg Reiche » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:34:58

Hi Holger!

> I've build a CAPI-Monitor. But the incoming number is
> evry time without a leading 0.
> For local calls its not important. But how can I decide,
> that the call is from abroad?

Have a look at the "type of number" field in the calling party number.
Bits 765 (starting with LSB = 1) are coded as follows:

000 = unknown
001 = international number
010 = national number
011 = network specific number
100 = subscriber number
110 = abbreviated number

Other values are reserved.

Ciao, Georg

Incoming Number without leading 0

Post by Holger Gotha » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:34:11

Hi,

But where can I find this flag?
In the capi20.h I have is a _cmsg struct width CallingPartyNumber
but nothing about a type of number.

bye, Holger.

Incoming Number without leading 0

Post by Jochen Klei » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:53:58

 Hi,

Quote:> But where can I find this flag?

In the CallingPartyNumber IE, which is sent within the CONNECT_IND by CAPI.

Quote:> In the capi20.h I have is a _cmsg struct width CallingPartyNumber
> but nothing about a type of number.

Sorry, I dont know anything of that capi20.h; its a C / C++ header file, I
dont know its contents. (implementation deatils for specific programming
languages are not defined in CAPI 2.0 specification) But have a look in the
CPAI 2.0 sepec (freee at www.capi.org); the CallingPartyNumber is explained
there with reference to ETSI and ITU documents. The actual values of the
numberin plan,. type and screening indicator, youll find in the referenced
ETSI nad ITU docs.

Jochen Klein
www.servonic.de

1. calling party number without leading zero

Hi,

the calling party number of a CONNECT_IND message in some locations appears
with a leading zero and sometimes without.

(1) Does anyone know what exactly is the reason for that behaviour (isdn
device, pbx or provider software) and
(2) is there an algorithm to format the calling party number or to find out
the area code without having to use a database?

Peter
--

homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/Peter.Zwosta

2. Internet Connection Problem

3. USRob for Mac: How do I make incoming calls set the modem off - without call waiting

4. FAQ and Commercial Announcements

5. Ringing Without Incoming Call

6. Errors with XML Dom

7. CAPI Incoming call without LISTEN REQUEST

8. 2k VPN - connects but servers prompt for username/password

9. LED on NIC is lit, LED on hub is not, please help.

10. Reverse Patch Lead / Crossover lead - cat 5 - wiring

11. HUB Power Led and BNC Led Blink

12. Toll-free numbers that lead to charges on phone bill

13. incoming called-number problem