Bitsurfr Pro MultiLink PPP Problem

Post by John Has » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have been trying to establish a Multilink PPP connection to my ISP.
Every sample init string I've seen has PAP turned on. This ISP does not
support PAP on their Ascend equipment.

I've been trying to validate by answering prompts like in the analog
dial up. But I never get the login prompt. I've tried numerous init strings

Is there any way to accomplish this connection using PPPC?

Post by Ada » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

| I have been trying to establish a Multilink PPP connection to my ISP.
| Every sample init string I've seen has PAP turned on. This ISP does not
| support PAP on their Ascend equipment.
|
| I've been trying to validate by answering prompts like in the analog
| dial up. But I never get the login prompt. I've tried numerous init strings

| Is there any way to accomplish this connection using PPPC?

Do you dial using ATDT18005551212&18005551212
--

Bitsurfr Pro MultiLink PPP Problem

Post by Kevin Smit » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

<nip>

>>>Do you dial using ATDT18005551212&18005551212

>same results.

>One resonder said that PAP had to be on to validate Multi Link PPP. Does any
>one know this to be a fact?

No, it is not required. What is required is that each peer does one of:

Authentication, or
Endpoint identifier option

- either of which can be used to "bundle" the links. (RFC1717)

--

Ascend Communications           Phone: 800-272-3634 x2203
                                http://www.ascend.com/

Post by John Has » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

| I have been trying to establish a Multilink PPP connection to my ISP.
| Every sample init string I've seen has PAP turned on. This ISP does not
| support PAP on their Ascend equipment.
|
| I've been trying to validate by answering prompts like in the analog
| dial up. But I never get the login prompt. I've tried numerous init strings

| Is there any way to accomplish this connection using PPPC?

Quote:>>Do you dial using ATDT18005551212&18005551212

Post by Vernon Schryv » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

><nip>

>>same results.

>>One resonder said that PAP had to be on to validate Multi Link PPP. Does any
>>one know this to be a fact?

>No, it is not required. What is required is that each peer does one of:

>Authentication, or
>Endpoint identifier option

>- either of which can be used to "bundle" the links. (RFC1717)

In the absense of authentication, what do you do for security?
What if a bad guy stumbles on the phone number?

Yes, such concerns may not matter to Internet Service Providers, since
there are more bad guys on the Internet side of their boxes than on
the telco side.  However, sometimes PPP servers are put on the inside
of firewalls.

Post by Bob Becke » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>| I have been trying to establish a Multilink PPP connection to my ISP.
>| Every sample init string I've seen has PAP turned on. This ISP does not
>| support PAP on their Ascend equipment.
>|
>| I've been trying to validate by answering prompts like in the analog
>| dial up. But I never get the login prompt. I've tried numerous init strings

>| Is there any way to accomplish this connection using PPPC?
>|

>Do you dial using ATDT18005551212&18005551212
>--

1. CISCO 2503 Multilink PPP to BitSurfr Pro (2BChans) any luck???

I Can't find any info in the CISCO docs to show how to setup a 2503 to
bond 2 channels for anything other than another CISCO... I am trying
to get a Bitsurfr to come in on both B channels, The 2503 is happy
with 1, but will not accept the incoming call for the second
channel... I am running 11.0 on the 2503 and Rev G on the BsPro
any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

thanks..

Les Fairall

2. cannot open attatchments they're greyed out

3. ???Bitsurfr Pro and MultiLink PPP/ DCA

4. help: How to use \newcommand?

5. Bitsurfr Pro + Linux PPP == no Multilink!!

6. Looking for floor boxes for ethernet/phone

7. Multilink PPP BitSurfr Pro-> Livingston PM2E

8. Motorola Bitsurfr Pro and Multilink

9. Bitsurfr Pro Multilink

10. Can't get Motorola BitSURFR Pro To Multilink

11. PowerMac/PPP/BitSURFR Pro problems