isdn beginners guide II

Post by Mike McDonal » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 07:40:38

I have the same scenario as the preceding one, due to my office
location, dsl/cable are both cost ($/kbps) prohibitive so I've also
ordered isdn from SBC for $46/mo plus the government mobsters tribute
fees which gets me 400 local calls per month and no long distance.

Problem #1 - Earthlink wants $1/hr!!!! for isdn access (not sure if this
is for 64k or 128k) and the cheapest unlimited isp/isdn I can find out
there is about $40/mo.  So now I'm up to $86/mo, pricey for a fancy

144k/144k, and we're getting a line we can use for other things, like
faxing.

Question #1 - Anyone know of reasonably priced isdn access out there?

Problem #2 - this isdn access will provide browsing, email, possible
future ftp services for a beginner's website I don't have up yet, and
hopefully sending and receiving faxes; all from 3 win98se workstations
and one win2kpro "server" networked thru a 10/100 ethernet switch.  I am
considering plugging an isdn TA into the server and using ICS/NAT to
share the connection, or plugging an isdn router into the ethernet
switch.  I think SBC told me the isdn wall jack would be RJ-45.

Question #2a - If I do the TA to server ICS/NAT setup, what kind of port
do we need on the server, 10/100 NIC RJ-45?

Question #2b - Anyone recommendations on good isdn TAs and routers?

(someone had recommended an SMC7004abr which is really a dsl/cable
router which has an isdn port for "failover" use, about $75)

Any recommendations appreciated.

What's amazing is because my house happens to be about 4k feet from an
SBC CO, I can get adsl over my existing line from a 3rd party isp at
1.544k/768k for $40/mo!!!!

Thanks

1. Beginner Guide

Hi CiscoExperts,

is there any Beginner FAQ on the net ?

Bye
 Carsten

|HTTP  : http://www.nordnetz.de/meta                                |

2. can't create DOS image

3. Beginners-Guide for PIX

4. HELP!

5. modem FAQ?. Beginners Guide to modems?

6. Does anyone know what happened to Abeona Networks???

7. Beginner's Guide to Meridian Option 11

8. How to add a browser control?

9. Book Review: "VPNs: A Beginner's Guide", John Mairs

10. Networking - Beginners / Idiots Guide

11. Beginner's guide to setting up a LAN?

12. The Beginner's Guide to Telecommunications - Cross-Connect Online Video Class.

13. beginners guide to A6 records?