HST driver - low fax speed (OT?)

Post by Thomas Ostheg » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:06:23

Hi all,

I know, this might be a bit off topic. Anyhow, this is the closest and
the best qualified NG, I guess.

I'm currently using some of the HST ISDN cards, because it's easy to use
more than one in a computer.

Now I found out, that all (CAPI) drivers are generally speed reduced
versions, according to the fax (T30/G3) implementation. HST expects 30
Euro per channel for a speed, which seems to be an incredible price for
a feature, that is included in other vendor's products.

Does someone have an idea how to increase the fax speed of these cards?
Currently the speed is around 2400 bd used with MS fax services.

TIA and have a nice weekend

Thomas

Thomas(at)Osthege(dot)de

1. Low low fax speed with Sporster Vi

I have a USR Sporster Vi card in my desktop PC. It works fine in data mode,
but when receiving faxes, most of the time the connection trains down to
4800 bps. Replacing the card with a different fax/modem brand, I get 14400
or 9600, depending on the capabilities of the remote fax.

Did anybody notice the same problem with their USR card ?

Thanks,

2. 2500 Flash reload ?

3. USR 14400 HST ---> 16800 HST w FAX?

4. Minix Boot CD

5. low-speed low-cost DSL?

6. IE4 and Ms Money 97 (UK)

7. Preliminary fax scorecard for USR HST DS v.terbo fax modem

8. need solution

9. Fax software recommendations for Mac+HST DS 16.8k FAX

10. High-speed serial module sold for low-speed on 2611 ??

11. Answering both high-speed and low-speed calls on a Sun

12. High-speed modem cannot connect to low-speed service.

13. Supra 288 12014418beta, OT PPP 1.0f1c6, OT 1.1.1b6