Call Control Supervision

Post by Frank A. Ueppin » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:12:21

Hi,
in the capi-1 doc is something stated about CCS;
but not how to setup/use it.
Where can I get the missing information?
However, I think this is a driver feature not releated
to a real ISDN feature, isn't it?

/FAU

Call Control Supervision

Post by Jochen Klei » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:23:57

Frank,

About "CCS"?!?!  No! Where did you find this?
Do you mean CCBS? If so I guess you found it in Anex C of CAPI 2.0 Part 1.
Loking only 11 lines higher on the same page I read "COMMON-ISDN-API Part
III covers the following supplementary services", so Id recomend to have a
look in Part III for the "missing information" ;-)

Regards,
Jochen Klein
www.servonic.com

Quote:> Hi,
> in the capi-1 doc is something stated about CCS;
> but not how to setup/use it.
> Where can I get the missing information?
> However, I think this is a driver feature not releated
> to a real ISDN feature, isn't it?

> /FAU

Call Control Supervision

Post by Frank A. Ueppin » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:28:28

> Frank,

> About "CCS"?!?!  No! Where did you find this?
> Do you mean CCBS? If so I guess you found it in Anex C of CAPI 2.0 Part 1.
> Loking only 11 lines higher on the same page I read "COMMON-ISDN-API Part
> III covers the following supplementary services", so Id recomend to have
> a look in Part III for the "missing information" ;-)

> Regards,
> Jochen Klein
> www.servonic.com

>> Hi,
>> in the capi-1 doc is something stated about CCS;
>> but not how to setup/use it.
>> Where can I get the missing information?
>> However, I think this is a driver feature not releated
>> to a real ISDN feature, isn't it?

>> /FAU

You mean "Completion of Calls to Busy Subscriber";
I mean "Call Control Supervision" as stated in CAPI Part 1 D2 CAPI Guard.
Here it is stated that this is optional.
Because of the spare information I assume this has no relevancy;
or does someone know an implementation that make use of it?

/FAU

Call Control Supervision

Post by Jochen Klei » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:30:58

Quote:> You mean "Completion of Calls to Busy Subscriber";
> I mean "Call Control Supervision" as stated in CAPI Part 1 D2 CAPI Guard.

Well, I see!
Sorry didnt read the subject, just the body. :-)

Quote:> Here it is stated that this is optional.
> Because of the spare information I assume this has no relevancy;
> or does someone know an implementation that make use of it?

I dont know of any manufacturer who has implemented this feature.

Regards,
Jochen Klein
www.servonic.com

Call Control Supervision

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:49:26

Quote:> > You mean "Completion of Calls to Busy Subscriber";
> > I mean "Call Control Supervision" as stated in CAPI Part 1 D2 CAPI
Guard.
> Well, I see!
> Sorry didnt read the subject, just the body. :-)

> > Here it is stated that this is optional.
> > Because of the spare information I assume this has no relevancy;
> > or does someone know an implementation that make use of it?
> I dont know of any manufacturer who has implemented this feature.

?hem - well, AVM did (as well as other manufacturers ;)

dependent) - just the behaviour in case of 'blocked' calls is specified.

HansJuergen

Call Control Supervision

Post by Jochen Klei » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:08:07

Hans-Jrgen

Quote:> > > Here it is stated that this is optional.
> > > Because of the spare information I assume this has no relevancy;
> > > or does someone know an implementation that make use of it?
> > I dont know of any manufacturer who has implemented this feature.
> ?hem - well, AVM did (as well as other manufacturers ;)

Hans-Jrgen, ups, sorry!!!
Although we and cutomers of use use AVM (and other) cards,  we did never use
and never get in touch with this feature, therefor I didnt know.
Looking at "I dont know of any manufacturer who has implemented this
feature." in this way, its correct - *I* didnt know! :-) :-) :-)

Regards,
Jochen Klein
www.servonic.com

Call Control Supervision

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:56:27

Quote:

> we did never use
> and never get in touch with this feature, therefor I didnt know.

Jochen,
your app should at least deal with the new reason value - in case your
customers dial wrong numbers ;)

HansJuergen

Call Control Supervision

Post by Jochen Klei » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:45:05

Quote:> your app should at least deal with the new reason value - in case your
> customers dial wrong numbers ;)

Hans-Jrgen, youre right! Ill do so in eraly futur.

Regards,
Jochen Klein
www.servonic.de

1. Answer Supervision on Sprint PCS non-deliverable call?

Do you know whether Sprint PCS sends answer supervision on non-deliverable
calls (ie. caller outside coverage area, phone turned off, etc.). In general
they provide voice mail for free but I am curious if the voice mail is
disabled whether the caller will receive an response and specifically answer
supervision or if the call will just ring forever.

TIA,
Chip

2. How to get accurate size of drive 2 Gig?

3. Answer Supervision on International Calls

4. WANTED - Misc Amiga hardware

5. sh modem operational-status 0/21

6. Will Sprint Soon Have Call Supervision Ability?

7. Answer Supervision (was Re: 1-800-COMP-USA and Call Wait)

8. Answer Supervision (was Re: 1-800-COMP-USA and Call Waiting)

9. Calling US 800 From UK: Answer Supervision on Recorded Msg?

10. Supervision / Call Forwarding No Answer

11. Calling US 800 From UK: Answer Supervision on Recorded Message?