Q: CAPI hardware recommendations?

Post by Tommi Joutsiniem » Thu, 29 May 2003 20:17:26

Hi!

I need a good active CAPI 2.0 compliant
ISDN adapter for:
  o Receiving calls
  o Receiving DTMF input
  o Connecting calls
    I.e. receive call A, make a call B,
    connect them, possibly wait for
    B to hangup, make a call C,
    connect that to A, etc
  o Reliable functionality under
    simultaneous calls
  o Etc

Can anyone recommend a particular card?
I've been considering AVM B1 v4.0 and Eicon Diva Pro.

Thank You
Tommi

Q: CAPI hardware recommendations?

Post by Joe » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:54:48

AVM B1 is a good card. The only thing bad is that you cant add another b1
card to the system when you need to extend your line usage. You have to get
C2-C4 card then.
Thats how AVM sells their C cards. Its the same with Eicon Diva.

Joe

Quote:> Hi!

> I need a good active CAPI 2.0 compliant
> ISDN adapter for:
>   o Receiving calls
>   o Receiving DTMF input
>   o Connecting calls
>     I.e. receive call A, make a call B,
>     connect them, possibly wait for
>     B to hangup, make a call C,
>     connect that to A, etc
>   o Reliable functionality under
>     simultaneous calls
>   o Etc

> Can anyone recommend a particular card?
> I've been considering AVM B1 v4.0 and Eicon Diva Pro.

> Thank You
> Tommi

Q: CAPI hardware recommendations?

Post by Jochen Klei » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:22:05

Joe,

Quote:> AVM B1 is a good card. The only thing bad is that you cant add another b1
> card to the system when you need to extend your line usage. You have to
get
> C2-C4 card then.
> Thats how AVM sells their C cards. Its the same with Eicon Diva.

Well, no, you cann plug more than one B1 (V3.0) in one PC. That only one
card s supported is only true for the Fritz! cards.

But if you read carefully the needs:
"

Quote:> >   o Connecting calls
> >     I.e. receive call A, make a call B,
> >     connect them, possibly wait for
> >     B to hangup, make a call C,
> >     connect that to A, etc

"
It must be said that at least "possible wait for B to hangup" is only
possible with "Line interconnect" which is (according to
http://www.capi.org/pages/hardware.php) NOT supported by the B1.
Without "possible wait for B to hangup" it depands on the net / pbx if Line
interconnect is needed or if (ETSI or other) ECT can be used.

Id recomend to have a look at www.capi.org, where most of the common cards
are listed with their basic features.

Regards,
Jochen Klein
www.servonic.com

> Joe

> > Hi!

> > I need a good active CAPI 2.0 compliant
> > ISDN adapter for:
> >   o Receiving calls
> >   o Receiving DTMF input
> >   o Connecting calls
> >     I.e. receive call A, make a call B,
> >     connect them, possibly wait for
> >     B to hangup, make a call C,
> >     connect that to A, etc
> >   o Reliable functionality under
> >     simultaneous calls
> >   o Etc

> > Can anyone recommend a particular card?
> > I've been considering AVM B1 v4.0 and Eicon Diva Pro.

> > Thank You
> > Tommi

Q: CAPI hardware recommendations?

Post by Dr. Gerhart Hlawatsc » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:09:24

See http://www.shamrock.de. They are doing this stuff using our ISDN card with 2 or 4 BRI (8 maximum in one system). Their program is called CAPICALL.

If you need more information, please contact me directly.

Best Regards
Gerhart Hlawatsch

Tommi Joutsiniemi schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi!

> I need a good active CAPI 2.0 compliant
> ISDN adapter for:
>   o Receiving calls
>   o Receiving DTMF input
>   o Connecting calls
>     I.e. receive call A, make a call B,
>     connect them, possibly wait for
>     B to hangup, make a call C,
>     connect that to A, etc
>   o Reliable functionality under
>     simultaneous calls
>   o Etc

> Can anyone recommend a particular card?
> I've been considering AVM B1 v4.0 and Eicon Diva Pro.

> Thank You
> Tommi

1. Hardware/Hardware vs. Hardware/Software VPN

Unable to find a straight answer to whether a Hardware/Hardware or a
Hardware(server)/Software(client) VPN would perform better, I finally
bit the bullet yesterday and bought a second VPN box.  The setup I am
using now has a Linksys BEFVP41 on each end.  When I was using the
software client, it was Windows XP's IPSec software (setup per Linksys'
directions) running on an Athlon XP 1800.  All connections are over
a 1.5Mb down / 250Kb up cable modem connection on each end.

I ran a few simple tests to compare HW/HW vs. HW/SW.  Those tests
are as follows:  1) Refresh a file directory,  2) In WinXP, right-drag a
remote file (about 1MB in size) to a local directory and wait for the
"copy/move/shortcut" context menu to popup, and 3) Copy the file.

I ran each test three times with the following results:

Step 1 averaged approximately 1 second in each case.
Step 2 averaged approximately 8 seconds in each Software Client case.
Step 2 averaged approximately 5 seconds in each Hardware Client case.
Step 3 averaged approximately 40 seconds in each case.

My impression is that the HW/HW setup is faster if you're dealing with
many small files than with one large file.  Additionally, the HW setup is
MUCH MUCH easier than the Windows built-in software configuration.

I'm going to run some more tests in the near future.  In the meantime, I'd
be curious if anyone else has tried such tests as well as whether I have
flaws in my testing process.

Thomas

2. newdasd NOT working great

3. Hardware recommendations

4. RPG400 CONTRACT POSITIONS

5. Cisco: PRI hardware recommendations please

6. Win2k, ME & Partition Magic

7. Hardware Recommendations

8. Hotsync error (again)

9. hardware upgrade recommendations

10. I need a hardware recommendation

11. Recommendation: PCI hardware modem for Win2k ACPI?

12. 56K ISA hardware modem recommendations?

13. Seeking Recommendations for Call-Routing Hardware/Software