What does the following QSIG information element mean?

What does the following QSIG information element mean?

Post by fo » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:25:38

When using QSIG the PABX sends a SETUP message when I try to call from
a telephone connected to the PABX. Sometimes I get the following
information element last in the SETUP message:

0x7E 0x01 0x04

I have looked in ETS 300 172 but can't find what information element
it can be. So my question is what is it, and where can I find
information about it?

Post by st » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 03:51:43

> When using QSIG the PABX sends a SETUP message when I try to call from
> a telephone connected to the PABX. Sometimes I get the following
> information element last in the SETUP message:

> 0x7E 0x01 0x04

> I have looked in ETS 300 172 but can't find what information element
> it can be. So my question is what is it, and where can I find
> information about it?

This should be a User-User-Info IE.

$7E UUI
$01 length indicator
$04 protocol indicator: IA5 characters

This parameter can be used by some ISDN telephones to transmit one of
some predefined text strings (in your example it's just an empty
string), but for the transmission over public network your access
usually needs an extra authentication for UUI (remember, the
information is transmitted at call-setup time and if the called
subscriber doesn't answer the call you could send information free of
charge...). A private network may handle this in another way.
Take a look into ITU-Rec. Q931 if you want to know more.

1. FACILITY element format (QSIG)

I try to decode information from FACILITY elements but have got some
problems.
Specifications (ETS 300239 or ECMA 165) describe message format and
say what it
consists of the following elements: NetworkFacilityExtension,
InterpretationApdu, ComponentPart. But the encoding of these elements
is not really clear. There are references to ASN.1 and to a ETSI
object identifier tree. Unfortnately, I can't understand how to use
ASN definitions and can't
find necessary OId tree. Does anybody can help me to understand how to
decode info from facility messages? Thank you very much. For example:
1C 28 91 A1 25 02 02 00 80 06
06 04 00 82 71 01 05 30 17 0A
01 01 A0 12 A1 10 0A 01 00 12
0B 30 30 39 35 35 30 34 34 34
34 34

2. HF panel members (II)

3. FACILITY element format? (QSIG)

4. How to execute a Inner Join between Tables on a DATASET

5. Need example of a QSIG setup message with SS-CNIP information

6. Sad Mac Icon, please explain

7. My name server always have the following error mesages, what is it mean?

8. Where to buy Palm III in NY or Atlanta?

9. Cause i = 0x83E020 - Mandatory information element missing

10. PRI Lower Layer Compatibility Information Element

11. Q. How can I get all "display" information element from CAPI?

12. Cause i = 0x83E020 - Mandatory information element missing

13. Calling Number Information Element