Need help contacting Microsoft/Developer for an extremely addictive and innovative idea

Need help contacting Microsoft/Developer for an extremely addictive and innovative idea

Post by Mnem0nic » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:51:07

Hi there,

Firstly I apologise for the extremely long subject lineSecondly, I don't
know if this is the right place to post such a query: (Need help contacting
Microsoft/Developer for an extremely *ive and innovative idea!)

The other day when playing on the Xbox I had an idea for a peripheral that
would use the expansion/slot on top of the Xbox's controller (in the same
way as the 'Live' headset). I'm no judge, and I don't have anything to do
with the 'games' industry I'm just a consumer, but I truly believe this idea
was totally unique (I think!) and I also believe it could be just as
*ive as those dancemat thingies on the Playstation 2 (but it isn't
limited to one kind of game either).

Its been on my mind and I've tried scouring the web for someone to contact
about this 'idea' with no luck so this is a last ditch effort to find
someone to put forward my idea. I know that I would regret it if I didn't at
least try to contact someone about it. I just want to know myself that I at
least tried.

Well thanks for any help any of you can give me

Thanks in advance

Mnem0nic

P.S.Witty and Sarcastic 'flames' welcome :-p

begin 666 emotion-1.gif
M1TE&.#EA$P`3`,3_`/______5?_[\/_?JO_?5?_?`/^_JO^_5?^_`/^?`-3?
MJM3?5=2_JM2_5=2_`-2?5=2?`-1_5=1_`,#<P*J?5:I_5:I_`*I?5:H_5:H_
M`']_57]?57\?`%4?`````,# P"'Y! $``!\`+ `````3`!,`0 7 X">.(M$<

(Q%\6#)LA`#L`
`
end

Need help contacting Microsoft/Developer for an extremely addictive and innovative idea

Post by AshVsAO » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:56:15

I don't want to seem alarmest but...  If I had a fantastic invention I would
be getting myself a good lawyer who knows about IP Law.  You do not want to
hand your idea over to a company that will use it and then ignore you or rip
you off.

> Hi there,

> Firstly I apologise for the extremely long subject lineSecondly, I don't
> know if this is the right place to post such a query: (Need help
contacting
> Microsoft/Developer for an extremely *ive and innovative idea!)

> The other day when playing on the Xbox I had an idea for a peripheral that
> would use the expansion/slot on top of the Xbox's controller (in the same
> way as the 'Live' headset). I'm no judge, and I don't have anything to do
> with the 'games' industry I'm just a consumer, but I truly believe this
idea
> was totally unique (I think!) and I also believe it could be just as
> *ive as those dancemat thingies on the Playstation 2 (but it isn't
> limited to one kind of game either).

> Its been on my mind and I've tried scouring the web for someone to contact
> about this 'idea' with no luck so this is a last ditch effort to find
> someone to put forward my idea. I know that I would regret it if I didn't
at
> least try to contact someone about it. I just want to know myself that I
at
> least tried.

> Well thanks for any help any of you can give me

> Thanks in advance

> Mnem0nic

> P.S.Witty and Sarcastic 'flames' welcome :-p

Need help contacting Microsoft/Developer for an extremely addictive and innovative idea

Post by tuur » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:25:36

should work alright.

tuur

> Hi there,

> Firstly I apologise for the extremely long subject lineSecondly, I don't
> know if this is the right place to post such a query: (Need help
contacting
> Microsoft/Developer for an extremely *ive and innovative idea!)

> The other day when playing on the Xbox I had an idea for a peripheral that
> would use the expansion/slot on top of the Xbox's controller (in the same
> way as the 'Live' headset). I'm no judge, and I don't have anything to do
> with the 'games' industry I'm just a consumer, but I truly believe this
idea
> was totally unique (I think!) and I also believe it could be just as
> *ive as those dancemat thingies on the Playstation 2 (but it isn't
> limited to one kind of game either).

> Its been on my mind and I've tried scouring the web for someone to contact
> about this 'idea' with no luck so this is a last ditch effort to find
> someone to put forward my idea. I know that I would regret it if I didn't
at
> least try to contact someone about it. I just want to know myself that I
at
> least tried.

> Well thanks for any help any of you can give me

> Thanks in advance

> Mnem0nic

> P.S.Witty and Sarcastic 'flames' welcome :-p

Need help contacting Microsoft/Developer for an extremely addictive and innovative idea

Post by Mike Brannigan [MSFT » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:10:31

Mnem0nic?,

Seek professional legal advice about protecting your rights to the idea.
Then just approach any of the games publishers for Xbox.
You should not discuss your idea with anyone (developers, publishers,
Microsoft or any other party) until you have taken professional advice.
Just look at any Xbox Game to see who the publisher is then contact them
to discuss how you might go about getting a meeting set up to discuss
your idea under properly legally protected terms and conditions.

--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions.
Please use these newsgroups

> Hi there,

> Firstly I apologise for the extremely long subject lineSecondly, I
don't
> know if this is the right place to post such a query: (Need help
contacting
> Microsoft/Developer for an extremely *ive and innovative idea!)

> The other day when playing on the Xbox I had an idea for a peripheral
that
> would use the expansion/slot on top of the Xbox's controller (in the
same
> way as the 'Live' headset). I'm no judge, and I don't have anything to
do
> with the 'games' industry I'm just a consumer, but I truly believe
this idea
> was totally unique (I think!) and I also believe it could be just as
> *ive as those dancemat thingies on the Playstation 2 (but it
isn't
> limited to one kind of game either).

> Its been on my mind and I've tried scouring the web for someone to
contact
> about this 'idea' with no luck so this is a last ditch effort to find
> someone to put forward my idea. I know that I would regret it if I
didn't at
> least try to contact someone about it. I just want to know myself that
I at
> least tried.

> Well thanks for any help any of you can give me

> Thanks in advance

> Mnem0nic

> P.S.Witty and Sarcastic 'flames' welcome :-p

Need help contacting Microsoft/Developer for an extremely addictive and innovative idea

Post by Mnem0nic » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 06:12:52

Thanks for the replies, they've been very informative - Thanks again!

Mnemonic?

Post by Brian McGroart » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 01:59:37

> The other day when playing on the Xbox I had an idea for a peripheral that
> would use the expansion/slot on top of the Xbox's controller (in the same
> way as the 'Live' headset). I'm no judge, and I don't have anything to do
> with the 'games' industry I'm just a consumer, but I truly believe this idea
> was totally unique (I think!) and I also believe it could be just as
> *ive as those dancemat thingies on the Playstation 2 (but it isn't
> limited to one kind of game either).

I'm hoping this will be the exercise bike or the smell-o-vision. We
haven't had either yet this year!

A moment of silence for Ismell. Their booth skunkettes will be missed.

Need help contacting Microsoft/Developer for an extremely addictive and innovative idea

Post by Abstract Nymp » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 04:52:00

It's a huge vibrating * isn't it?

> Thanks for the replies, they've been very informative - Thanks again!

> Mnemonic?

> > Hi there,

> > Firstly I apologise for the extremely long subject lineSecondly, I
> > don't
> > know if this is the right place to post such a query: (Need help
> contacting
> > Microsoft/Developer for an extremely *ive and innovative idea!)

> > The other day when playing on the Xbox I had an idea for a peripheral
> > that
> > would use the expansion/slot on top of the Xbox's controller (in the
> > same
> > way as the 'Live' headset). I'm no judge, and I don't have anything
> > to do
> > with the 'games' industry I'm just a consumer, but I truly believe
> > this
> idea
> > was totally unique (I think!) and I also believe it could be just as
> > *ive as those dancemat thingies on the Playstation 2 (but it
> > isn't
> > limited to one kind of game either).

> > Its been on my mind and I've tried scouring the web for someone to
> > contact
> > about this 'idea' with no luck so this is a last ditch effort to find
> > someone to put forward my idea. I know that I would regret it if I
> > didn't
> at
> > least try to contact someone about it. I just want to know myself
> > that I
> at
> > least tried.

> > Well thanks for any help any of you can give me

> > Thanks in advance

> > Mnem0nic

> > P.S.Witty and Sarcastic 'flames' welcome :-p

1. Submit your innovative MS Excel thoughts, ideas, suggestions

Dear members,

As you already know that I am collecting ideas and new features that you
would like to see in upcoming version of MS Excel.
The only intent here is to make excel awesome for the users and give
feedback to Microsoft on their product. These ideas will be reviewed by
Microsoft Excel product team.

Submit your idea here now. <http://goo.gl/mod/psLh> You can vote the ideas
submitted by others. There is no limit to submit ideas or features.

In total, 92 ideas submitted on which 313 votes are casted.
Let see who submit the maximum ideas....see you there..

ALL IDEAS MATTERS :) <http://goo.gl/mod/psLh>

Best Regards,
Ayush Jain
Group Manager.

2. Resource Accounting (COS/T)

3. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

4. Tertiary DNS on the web.

5. Hot Need || VB.Net Developer || Akron , OH || 6 Month Contact

6. comp.cad.autocad AutoLISP FAQ (part 2/2) - samples, code

7. urgent Need || .Net Developer || Columbus , OH || 12 Month Contact || Rate : $40/hr on C2C

8. keystroke programming in OS/2 and NT

9. Need Innovative Gamers

10. Any contacts here for idea digital?

11. Help: Survey on innovative PC foot-input system

12. need help with Leviton 6400....any ideas??

13. Help need ideas about dead Dimension board