HDTV AV Pack is not for Projector TV!!

Post by Chinabo » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 01:12:50

How many time I have to mention this?
Use "Advance AV Pack" for Projector TV (including "High
Definition Projector)

High Definition Projector is very different technology
from High Defintion TV (or Flat Screen TV, 50Hz or 100Hz
version)

Just use "S-Video" for Video Input on your Projector!

And try to get a very nice 5.1 channel (with DTS feature)
for the stereo (using OPTICAL INPUT is a MUST option!!)
*OPITICAL Audio Output is included in "Advance AV Pack"!!

HDTV AV Pack is not for Projector TV!!

Post by Berni » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:26:09

Connecting a S-Video connector to a "High Definition
Projector" would be a shame .......
All HDPJ's have component input! or else they are not
really HDPJ's ......
Bernie
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How many time I have to mention this?
>Use "Advance AV Pack" for Projector TV (including "High
>Definition Projector)

>High Definition Projector is very different technology
>from High Defintion TV (or Flat Screen TV, 50Hz or 100Hz
>version)

>Just use "S-Video" for Video Input on your Projector!

>And try to get a very nice 5.1 channel (with DTS feature)
>for the stereo (using OPTICAL INPUT is a MUST option!!)
>*OPITICAL Audio Output is included in "Advance AV Pack"!!

>.

HDTV AV Pack is not for Projector TV!!

Post by <xTenn> » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:15:43

Chinaboy, I think you are confusing the issue, at least to me.

If your receiver/projector/RPTV/LCD projector/refrigerator has component
video in, use the HD Kit.  IF it only has S-Video, use the advanced kit. If
it just has the single Video port, use what comes in the box.

Yes, it really is that simple.  Use the best connector your unit has.
Component is better than svideo, svideo  is better than composite (single
RCA).  If you have a choice between Component and SVideo, then use
component.

This is different only if you have specialty equipment which DOES NOT have
true component video, but rather straight RGB.  IF you have this, chances
are you paid extra for it and know the difference.    There are a few LCD
projector units on the market with RGB, and these were designed to interface
with computers.

Rear Projection HDTV sets are usually component video.  This is better than
SVideo - SVideo only affects color.

Quote:> How many time I have to mention this?
> Use "Advance AV Pack" for Projector TV (including "High
> Definition Projector)

> High Definition Projector is very different technology
> from High Defintion TV (or Flat Screen TV, 50Hz or 100Hz
> version)

> Just use "S-Video" for Video Input on your Projector!

> And try to get a very nice 5.1 channel (with DTS feature)
> for the stereo (using OPTICAL INPUT is a MUST option!!)
> *OPITICAL Audio Output is included in "Advance AV Pack"!!

HDTV AV Pack is not for Projector TV!!

Post by ChinaBo » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:41:41

Hi Bernie,

But using HDTV Kit on a High Definition Projector would
result in getting "LINES" acrossing the Projector.
I have friends who get this problem and have to switch
back to S-Video.....

Are you using HD Projector? Did you get this problem???

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Connecting a S-Video connector to a "High Definition
>Projector" would be a shame .......
>All HDPJ's have component input! or else they are not
>really HDPJ's ......
>Bernie

Post by Belzebbub » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:03:38

What the hell is this guy talking about? I have a 52"
projection HDTV and it looks way better, literaly 2x
better with the HD pack than with even the Monster s-video
cable. If you have an HDTV, projection or not, you would
be doing yourself a big dis-service by not using HD
hookups. Regardless of what chink boy says.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Chinaboy, I think you are confusing the issue, at least
to me.

>If your receiver/projector/RPTV/LCD

projector/refrigerator has component
Quote:>video in, use the HD Kit.  IF it only has S-Video, use

the advanced kit. If
Quote:>it just has the single Video port, use what comes in the

Post by Boid » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:49:52

> How many time I have to mention this?
> Use "Advance AV Pack" for Projector TV (including "High
> Definition Projector)

> High Definition Projector is very different technology
> from High Defintion TV (or Flat Screen TV, 50Hz or 100Hz
> version)

> Just use "S-Video" for Video Input on your Projector!

Not true. If the projector supports Y/Pb/Pr component inputs (rare for
projectors I think), then the HD A/V pack will work fine. Otherwise, a
component-to-RGB transcoder will allow the X-Box to work with most
projectors.

HDTV AV Pack is not for Projector TV!!

Post by Krust » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:15:34

S-video looks blurry on my projector.
Nothing wrong with some pixel lines.

Quote:> Hi Bernie,

> But using HDTV Kit on a High Definition Projector would
> result in getting "LINES" acrossing the Projector.
> I have friends who get this problem and have to switch
> back to S-Video.....

> Are you using HD Projector? Did you get this problem???

Post by <xTenn> » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:37:06

Have you used something else with component video outputs on the projector,
such as a DVD player?  And if so, was the DVD player set up for progressive
scan output?  Hard to say without more data, but reproducing the problem
would be the first step I would take.

Quote:> Thx for all the reply.

Post by Boid » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:19:45

> Thx for all the reply.

> Can anyone help my friend to solve the problem?
> Is it the "HDTV Pack" defected??

> Because his projector definitely has the input for the
> High Definition....but it gets lines across the screen!

> We just have no idea why..??

Well, you'll need to verify that the projector supports "Y/Pb/Pr"
component format. There are at least 3 multi-cable formats floating
around, but the X-Box only produces Y/Pb/Pr. If the projector needs
"RGBS" or "RGBHV", then you'll need to use a Component-to-RGB converter
like the AudioAuthority 9A62, $189 (www.audioauthority.com).

If the projector supports Y/Pb/Pr, then you need to make sure it also
supports 480p mode.

If the projector supports Y/Pb/Pr and 480p, then something's wrong with
either the connections or the settings on the projector. I'm afraid
without seeing them together, I can't help you any more.

Good luck.

HDTV AV Pack is not for Projector TV!!

Post by Shinob » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:25:32

I'm really not sure what you are talking about. You say projection, but,
don't specify front projection or rear projection. In either case, you're
incorrect. I'm sure it's true that some projection sets do not accept
component signals. That is by no means cause to say that projector sets in
general do not accept them.

Several million rear projection sets happily accept component signals (both
interlaced and progressive). Further, a large number of front projection
sets accept component signals. You are probably confused by the RGB input
that most front projection sets use. RGB and component can both look like
the same connection (3 rca type connections....1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue).
However, do not let this confuse you. RGB and component video are not at all
compatible. They are very much different and are not interchangeable.

Please stop spouting this nonsense and perhaps browse a copy of Hometheater
Magazine, Sound and Vision, or the like.

Quote:> How many time I have to mention this?
> Use "Advance AV Pack" for Projector TV (including "High
> Definition Projector)

> High Definition Projector is very different technology
> from High Defintion TV (or Flat Screen TV, 50Hz or 100Hz
> version)

> Just use "S-Video" for Video Input on your Projector!

> And try to get a very nice 5.1 channel (with DTS feature)
> for the stereo (using OPTICAL INPUT is a MUST option!!)
> *OPITICAL Audio Output is included in "Advance AV Pack"!!

1. Advanced AV Pack vs. High Definition AV Pack?

The Advantaced pack has optical audio and svideo connectors

Teh Hi-Def pack has optical audio and component connectors. Component is a
better video format then that used by the svideo connector (difference is
minor) and also support progressive and hi-def output.

If you can use the hidef pack, do so.

2. Encryption Policy

3. Advanced av pack or HD high definition av pack

4. application for kerberos mailing list

5. hlp w/ hdtv av pack plz!!!

6. NT RAS "Hardware failure" w

7. HD AV Pack / Component Video / Non-HDTV

8. Category Groups Money Y2K B&P

9. HDTV AV pack

10. HDTV AV PACK

11. HDTV AV pack

12. ADV AV Pack with Sony TV's and NHL 2002

13. Advanced AV vs High Definition AV Pack