Projection TV vs Multimedia Projector

Post by john » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:28:05

I am sure you will like the projector considering the size of the image it
can give.  I once played DOA3 with a projector, even I was using composite
video, it was so great.  Imagine watching a cinema like image.

One thing however, I have to remind you that the life for normal projector
lamp is around 1500 hours and they are pretty expensive to replace.  I heard
that there are two types of rear projection TV, one with CRT and the other
with lamp.  I guess the CRT will have a longer life than the lamp type.

Quote:> I am considering buying a Projection TV or a multi-media
> projector.  I know what kind of results a projection tv
> brings but, I am not so sure about a projector.  Is
> anybody out there using their Xbox with a projector?  Is
> so, let me know how you like it.

> Thanks

Projection TV vs Multimedia Projector

Post by streeterde » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:35:41

I HAVE MY XBOX HOOKED UP TO 53INCH SCREEN I DONT KNOW FOR
SURE IF ITS A PROJECTOR BUT I THINK ALL OF THEM ARE WITH
THE BIG BOX SHAPE BUT THEY JUST HAVE A HIGH DEFINITION
(HDTV)SCREEN IN WHAT MAKES IT VERY CLEAR THATS WHAT I HAVE
AND ITS LIKE A *IN ARCADE IN MY HOUUSE I BOUGHT ONE
JUST FOR THE DAM XBOX SO GO AHEAD AND SPEND THE MONEY AND
ENJOY THE TOY

Projection TV vs Multimedia Projector

Post by <xTenn> » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:38:36

If you are talking about a multimedia projector that is the same size as a
rear projection tv then get the TV.

If you are considering a wall to wall version (some, although really
expensive,  have 9' or better, with excellent brightness in an average
room), then charge admission - You would be most popular. <grin>

I saw one set up here locally.  Although I couldn't justify the 15k setup
price (before audio), it was, well, wonderful.  The feed was DVD not an
xbox, but there was no pixel latency (appears as ghosting on the wall) as
some projectors had.

Quote:> I am considering buying a Projection TV or a multi-media
> projector.  I know what kind of results a projection tv
> brings but, I am not so sure about a projector.  Is
> anybody out there using their Xbox with a projector?  Is
> so, let me know how you like it.

> Thanks

Projection TV vs Multimedia Projector

Post by legondare » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:02:47

Try posting your question on one of the boards here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/index.php?s=

Quote:> I am considering buying a Projection TV or a multi-media
> projector.  I know what kind of results a projection tv
> brings but, I am not so sure about a projector.  Is
> anybody out there using their Xbox with a projector?  Is
> so, let me know how you like it.

> Thanks

1. Video Projector vs. TV

Does anyone have comments of the merit, or lack of merit, in my thinking
that a computer based home theatre setup would outperform standalone
equipment?

I am not much of an audio/videophile but it appears to me that a video
projector capable of 800X600 or greater resolution connected to a DVD player
in a computer via the RGB cable, would result in a better picture than any
standalone configuration - be it SVHS, composite, or analog.  Am I missing
something in the translation in numbers?  Are there some other limits on the
DVD titles themselves that would make the higher resolution meaningless?

I am less sure of the audio capabilities of the computer.  I assume that
with popular products like the Creative Labs DVD Encore bundle with a DVD
player and decoder, you still need some kind of AC-3 decoder?  Could this
functionality be provided in a sound card or does the sound quality from
such a setup pale to traditional equipment?  Would it be reasonable to still
use the decoder in the computer and use an external AC-3 compatible amp for
better quality?

Is this computer vs. standalone comparison even reasonable on both the video
and audio fronts?

Thanks.

2. Sent Date is not correct

3. Multimedia Projector - URGENT

4. Limiting broadcast on socket interface.

5. HDTV vs. NTSC / Tube vs. Projection

6. MLA

7. HDTV AV Pack is not for Projector TV!!

8. Pocket Access?

9. problems with projector TV?

10. Making a TV projector

11. FS: TV-Computer Projector- MUST SELL!!

12. PowerBook OS9 connect to TV or projector

13. TV vs Monitor for VGA card with TV out