PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Billy J. Dancefloo » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:34:14

As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
genres are covered!

1. ATV Off Road Fury
2. Crazy Taxi
3. Dark Cloud
4. Dave Mirra BMX 2
5. Devil May Cry
6. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
7. Midnight Club Racing
8. NBA Street
9. Onimusha
10. Tekken Tag Tournament
11. Red Faction
12. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
13. Smugglers Run
14. Spy Hunter
15. SSX
16. SSX Tricky
17. Star Wars Episode 1 Star Fighter
18. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
19. Twisted Metal Black
20. NFL 2K2
21. Simpson's Road Rage
22. Crash Bandicoot
23. Jak and Dexter

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by JohnDo » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:31:20

Love my PS2 but need Xbox for online play since sony's not keeping up.

Quote:> As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
> already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
> genres are covered!

> 1. ATV Off Road Fury
> 2. Crazy Taxi
> 3. Dark Cloud
> 4. Dave Mirra BMX 2
> 5. Devil May Cry
> 6. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
> 7. Midnight Club Racing
> 8. NBA Street
> 9. Onimusha
> 10. Tekken Tag Tournament
> 11. Red Faction
> 12. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
> 13. Smugglers Run
> 14. Spy Hunter
> 15. SSX
> 16. SSX Tricky
> 17. Star Wars Episode 1 Star Fighter
> 18. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
> 19. Twisted Metal Black
> 20. NFL 2K2
> 21. Simpson's Road Rage
> 22. Crash Bandicoot
> 23. Jak and Dexter

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Deat » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:41:51

Sony can't keep up in anything.  3/4 of all the games made for it SUCK ASS,
yet people still try to use that as an excuse....3/4! that's alot, that
about what 300 shithole games compared to 100 decent games that all could
have been done better on the xbox.

> Love my PS2 but need Xbox for online play since sony's not keeping up.

> > As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
> > already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
> > genres are covered!

> > 1. ATV Off Road Fury
> > 2. Crazy Taxi
> > 3. Dark Cloud
> > 4. Dave Mirra BMX 2
> > 5. Devil May Cry
> > 6. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
> > 7. Midnight Club Racing
> > 8. NBA Street
> > 9. Onimusha
> > 10. Tekken Tag Tournament
> > 11. Red Faction
> > 12. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
> > 13. Smugglers Run
> > 14. Spy Hunter
> > 15. SSX
> > 16. SSX Tricky
> > 17. Star Wars Episode 1 Star Fighter
> > 18. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
> > 19. Twisted Metal Black
> > 20. NFL 2K2
> > 21. Simpson's Road Rage
> > 22. Crash Bandicoot
> > 23. Jak and Dexter

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Rick » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:14:49

Quote:> Sony can't keep up in anything.  3/4 of all the games made for it SUCK
ASS,
> yet people still try to use that as an excuse....3/4! that's alot, that
> about what 300 shithole games compared to 100 decent games that all could
> have been done better on the xbox.

You are a sad, sad troll.

RickB

> > Love my PS2 but need Xbox for online play since sony's not keeping up.

> > > As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
> > > already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
> > > genres are covered!

> > > 1. ATV Off Road Fury
> > > 2. Crazy Taxi
> > > 3. Dark Cloud
> > > 4. Dave Mirra BMX 2
> > > 5. Devil May Cry
> > > 6. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
> > > 7. Midnight Club Racing
> > > 8. NBA Street
> > > 9. Onimusha
> > > 10. Tekken Tag Tournament
> > > 11. Red Faction
> > > 12. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
> > > 13. Smugglers Run
> > > 14. Spy Hunter
> > > 15. SSX
> > > 16. SSX Tricky
> > > 17. Star Wars Episode 1 Star Fighter
> > > 18. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
> > > 19. Twisted Metal Black
> > > 20. NFL 2K2
> > > 21. Simpson's Road Rage
> > > 22. Crash Bandicoot
> > > 23. Jak and Dexter

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Shado » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:00:53

Quote:> Sony can't keep up in anything.  3/4 of all the games made for it SUCK ASS,
> yet people still try to use that as an excuse....3/4! that's alot, that
> about what 300 shithole games compared to 100 decent games that all could
> have been done better on the xbox.

So the exact same games, with the exact same gameplay, would do better simply
because they had slightly better graphics and they were on the Xbox?
Riiiiight...

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Simon Cook » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:44:49

Quote:> As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
> already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
> genres are covered!

Hmmm... really?

Must be because they already tried that one. The PS2 I bought was
bundled with GT3: A-spec.

Simon

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Donald Richte » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:17:26

Quote:> 21. Simpson's Road Rage

How the omarichu did Simpsons Road Rage sell enough to be a "Greatest Hits"
title?  That game is just a lame Crazy Taxi ripoff.

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Jedah And Sonan » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:54:40

ageru ga alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube no naseke!

Quote:>As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
>already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
>genres are covered!

>1. ATV Off Road Fury
>2. Crazy Taxi
>3. Dark Cloud
>4. Dave Mirra BMX 2
>5. Devil May Cry
>6. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
>7. Midnight Club Racing
>8. NBA Street
>9. Onimusha
>10. Tekken Tag Tournament
>11. Red Faction
>12. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
>13. Smugglers Run
>14. Spy Hunter
>15. SSX
>16. SSX Tricky
>17. Star Wars Episode 1 Star Fighter
>18. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
>19. Twisted Metal Black
>20. NFL 2K2
>21. Simpson's Road Rage
>22. Crash Bandicoot
>23. Jak and Dexter

No ICO? DUD.

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by JohnDo » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:46:04

they also charged extra for it.

> > As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
> > already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
> > genres are covered!

> Hmmm... really?

> Must be because they already tried that one. The PS2 I bought was
> bundled with GT3: A-spec.

> Simon

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:15:35

> > Sony can't keep up in anything.  3/4 of all the games made for it SUCK
> ASS,
> > yet people still try to use that as an excuse....3/4! that's alot, that
> > about what 300 shithole games compared to 100 decent games that all
could
> > have been done better on the xbox.

> You are a sad, sad troll.

And the original poster (the infamous Billy imposter) isn't?

---
On October 16, 2002, Omar admitted to the world that sales are better than
quality.

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by minim » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:16:08

Quote:> Sony can't keep up in anything.  3/4 of all the games made for it SUCK
ASS,
> yet people still try to use that as an excuse....3/4! that's alot, that
> about what 300 shithole games compared to 100 decent games that all could
> have been done better on the xbox.

Hey, don't blame Sony loser, blame MS for not getting those titles that you
claim could be better on the Xbox.
This is the reason Sony is kicking the shit out of MS in sales, "The Games"

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by wrestleantar » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:05:40

Quote:>As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
>already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
>genres are covered!

PS2 has some great games, but a lot of these I don't see how they made
the greatest hits list.

Quote:>1. ATV Off Road Fury
>2. Crazy Taxi

Better on the DC.  A horrible port of an entertaining game.

Quote:>3. Dark Cloud
>4. Dave Mirra BMX 2

A Tony Hawk game is better IMO.  Any console.

Quote:>5. Devil May Cry
>6. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

Well-deserved.  A great title though it's still not as good as GT2 in
gameplay.

Quote:>7. Midnight Club Racing
>8. NBA Street

I guess, if you like the game...

Quote:>9. Onimusha

eh.

Quote:>10. Tekken Tag Tournament

Overshadowed by too many other fighters at this point on all consoles.
Especially on the PS2.  Still an okay purchase if you can't afford one
of PS2's better fighting titles.

Quote:>11. Red Faction
>12. Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Just another Resident Evil game.  You love it or you hate it.  If you
love it 19.99 is a bargain.  If you hate it then free is still too
high.

Quote:>13. Smugglers Run
>14. Spy Hunter

Such a disappointing update to an old school arcade title.  I guess it
made greatest hits because people bought it for nostalgia reasons.
They certainly didn't buy it for the stellar gameplay.

Quote:>15. SSX
>16. SSX Tricky
>17. Star Wars Episode 1 Star Fighter

Decent title.  Certainly worth 19.99.

Quote:>18. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

Great title for a bargain.

Quote:>19. Twisted Metal Black

Never cared for this series.  Though with it's popularity if you liked
one this is probably a bargain.

Quote:>20. NFL 2K2

Shouldn't Madden 2002 be hitting the shelves cheaper by now?  If not
hold out a little longer as the dated sports titles always go down,
and Madden is just a little better as the total package.  SEGA has
improved though, and if you want to give it a try the price is okay.

Quote:>21. Simpson's Road Rage

This game actually sold enough copies to be considered a greatest hits
title?  That speaks poorly of gamers nationwide.  Even the piss-poor
port of Crazy Taxi was better than this hunk of shit.  I guess EA can
stamp their name on anything and it will sell.

Quote:>22. Crash Bandicoot

Eh.

Quote:>23. Jak and Dexter

I didn't realize this was a new Greatest hits title.  Pretty good
game.  Certainly worth the 19.99.

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by CygnusX » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:17:47

Yeah of course it would.  Look at NFS:HS2 on PS2 and XB for
instance... ;-)

Cygnus
The Bringer of Balance

> So the exact same games, with the exact same gameplay, would do better simply
> because they had slightly better graphics and they were on the Xbox?
> Riiiiight...

PS2 Greatest Hits *updated*

Post by massivegroove » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:35:33

Quote:> they also charged extra for it.

Wrong, it was cheaper to buy the GT3 bundle...geez.

>>> As you see, no need for a console/game bundle for PS2.  There are
>>> already tons of great games at affordable prices.  All of the
>>> genres are covered!

>> Hmmm... really?

>> Must be because they already tried that one. The PS2 I bought was
>> bundled with GT3: A-spec.

>> Simon

1. PS2 Greatest Hits updated!

The PS2 Greatest Hits just keeps getting better and better!  Each one
of these games have sold at least 400,000.

Max Payne (Rockstar)
Virtua Fighter 4 (Sega)
Ace Combat 4 (Namco)
WWE SmackDown! Just Bring It (THQ)
ATV Off-Road Fury (Sony Computer Entertainment America)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (Acclaim)
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex (Universal Interactive)
Crazy Taxi (Acclaim/Sega)
Dark Cloud (SCEA)
Devil May Cry (Capcom)
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (SCEA)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (SCEA)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (Konami)
Midnight Club: Street Racing (Rockstar Games)
NBA Street (Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K2 (Sega)
NFL 2K2 (Sega)
Onimusha: Warlords (Capcom)
Red Faction (THQ)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (Capcom)
Silent Hill 2 (Konami)
Smuggler's Run (Rockstar Games)
Star Wars: Starfighter (LucasArts)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Activision)
SSX (Electronic Arts)
Spy Hunter (Midway)
Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco)
The Simpsons Road Rage (EA)
Twisted Metal: Black (SCEA)

2. alphastation et nt

3. New PS2 Greatest Hits

4. 16MHz 68k upgrade for 1040STFM ???

5. Will Microsoft ever have a greatest hit selection of games?

6. Basic Drawing Controls

7. X Box Greatest Hits

8. Delete WebExplorer?

9. When Piracy hits, XBOX will be up there with PS2 sales!

10. Xbox hit <- PS2 £199 in UK and Europe as from 28th Sep

11. PS2 forums and gripping ps2 bitches

12. PS2 specs and Xbox specs Read and weep PS2 lovers

13. PS2 for Xbox (for PS2?)