HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by confuse » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:35:48

  I have owned a ps2 since about january of this year, and
have 2 games for it- gran theft auto 3, and tony hawk's
pro skater 3.  I now have $200, and am unsure exactly what
to do with it.  I have made 3 choices.  I can: 1)Spend my
money on more ps2 games since i already own this system,
and buy a sound system since my speakers suck.  2)Buy the
new xbox bundle with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT
2002. 3)But a gamecube, mainly for the upcoming metroid
prime game, and other games like pikmin.

I have gone back and forth, back and forth from each of
these, and really need to decide soon.  I need
sugguestions!!  Please respond.
.

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by AshVsAO » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:42:24

XBOX.

XBOX live will be out in One Month and it is going to be so cool to play
others around the states and Canada.

Quote:>   I have owned a ps2 since about january of this year, and
> have 2 games for it- gran theft auto 3, and tony hawk's
> pro skater 3.  I now have $200, and am unsure exactly what
> to do with it.  I have made 3 choices.  I can: 1)Spend my
> money on more ps2 games since i already own this system,
> and buy a sound system since my speakers suck.  2)Buy the
> new xbox bundle with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT
> 2002. 3)But a gamecube, mainly for the upcoming metroid
> prime game, and other games like pikmin.

> I have gone back and forth, back and forth from each of
> these, and really need to decide soon.  I need
> sugguestions!!  Please respond.
> .

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by confuse » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:46:27

I do not have a broadband connection, therefore i cannot
take advantage of ANY online play.  Is it still worth an
XBOX?

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by AshVsAO » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:56:49

Differences in systems:

Xbox
  a.. NVIDIA MCP Audio Processing Unit
  b.. 256 simultaneous 2D voices (audio streams)
  c.. 64 simultaneous 3D voices + 192 simultaneous 2D voices
  d.. Five DSP units in total (3 fixed and 2 programmable)
  e.. Voice Processor - several DSP units for rendering the 2D and 3D voices
  f.. Global Processor - programmable DSP for reverb, chorus, flanger,
equalization, 3D cross-talk cancellation, and occlusion/obstruction,
  g.. Dolby Digital Interactive Content Encoder - programmable DSP for
encoding into a Dolby Digital (AC-3) stream
  h.. Downloadable Sounds Version 2 (DLS2)
GameCube
  a.. Custom Macronix 16-bit DSP
  b.. 64 simultaneous 2D voices with ADPCM encoding
Based on these specifications, Xbox has much stronger sound capabilities.
Thus, Xbox can produce better and more interactive sound.

Graphics Differences in PS2 and XBOX.
It's possible and extremely likely for Xbox games to visually look far
better than PlayStation 2 games. Compared to PS2 graphics, Xbox is capable
of:
  a.. full-scene anti-aliasing
  b.. higher resolution textures
  c.. more textures per scene
  d.. higher screen resolution
  e.. higher polygon counts
  f.. better lighting and reflections
In my opinion the XBOX is definitely the system with the most amount of
promise.  It has the most powerful hardware of any of the consoles.  That is
not to say the Gamecube or PS2 are bad because they are not.  Every system
has strengths and weaknesses.  IMHO XBOX is the way to go.

PS:
I couldn't be bothered with other comparisons as I am at work.
PPS:
Get the system that impresses you the most.  Try XBOX and GC out.  Rent them
etc.

> I do not have a broadband connection, therefore i cannot
> take advantage of ANY online play.  Is it still worth an
> XBOX?

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by money_bo » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:54:59

The best solution...

Sell your ps2 for about $150 maybe $175 with games...u
dont need that peice of shit around any more

now u have $375...go out buy the bundle...buy a few extra
games or controllers...and save some money for
LIVE...then...u'll have what u need...

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by Tri the Grea » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:09:28

X marks the spot bro.
There are countless ways for the xbox to entertain you.
One being Xbox Live. I recommend it for it has a lot
longer shelf life the the rest of the completion. I too
have a PS2 but only have 2 games for it.

Tri the Great

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>  I have owned a ps2 since about january of this year,
and
>have 2 games for it- gran theft auto 3, and tony hawk's
>pro skater 3.  I now have $200, and am unsure exactly
what
>to do with it.  I have made 3 choices.  I can: 1)Spend my
>money on more ps2 games since i already own this system,
>and buy a sound system since my speakers suck.  2)Buy the
>new xbox bundle with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT
>2002. 3)But a gamecube, mainly for the upcoming metroid
>prime game, and other games like pikmin.

>I have gone back and forth, back and forth from each of
>these, and really need to decide soon.  I need
>sugguestions!!  Please respond.
>..

>.

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by Ps2 suck xbox's ball » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:22:31

Hey confused,
Did you make up your mind yet or no?

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by confuse » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:40:49

Well, i'm really close.... i think i am goin to buy the
xbox bundle, however when my parents see i have another
system they would lecture me on money.  The only prob is
that i don't know when i'll have money for more games or
better speakers if i choose xbox.  Also, i don't have
broadband, and i don't know how much of xbox's future will
depend on Live *.  What do you think i should do?
What games should i buy next if i choose xbox bundle?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>Hey confused,
>Did you make up your mind yet or no?

>.

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by Ps2 suck xbox's ball » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:50:33

Believe me, Halo will definitely make you glad you bought the xbox. I bought
xbox and halo the first week it came out and im still going home everynight
form work just to play it with my freinds.

Quote:> Well, i'm really close.... i think i am goin to buy the
> xbox bundle, however when my parents see i have another
> system they would lecture me on money.  The only prob is
> that i don't know when i'll have money for more games or
> better speakers if i choose xbox.  Also, i don't have
> broadband, and i don't know how much of xbox's future will
> depend on Live *.  What do you think i should do?
> What games should i buy next if i choose xbox bundle?

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by Belly of Fir » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 02:05:26

Confused,
I think the idea of selling your PS2 to buy an Xbox will get you off the
hook with your parents.  Also, the games coming out for xbox that I'm most
interested in seem to have strong single-player modes or no online play at
all (Ghost Recon, Brute Force, Splinter Cell).  I think MS is not putting
ALL it's chips into Live!, there's still people who can't get broadband.

Best introduction to xbox right now would be Halo.  The single player
mission is totally absorbing, and you can get a bud to play split screen
with you to complete the mission.  Then, you can play it again but in
Legendary mode (hardest), which I still haven't completed!

Quote:> Well, i'm really close.... i think i am goin to buy the
> xbox bundle, however when my parents see i have another
> system they would lecture me on money.  The only prob is
> that i don't know when i'll have money for more games or
> better speakers if i choose xbox.  Also, i don't have
> broadband, and i don't know how much of xbox's future will
> depend on Live *.  What do you think i should do?
> What games should i buy next if i choose xbox bundle?

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by Rich Selmo » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:02:17

You are in the XBOX newsgroup.  What do you think everybody here is going to
say?  Well, duh!, get an XBOX.

Quote:>   I have owned a ps2 since about january of this year, and
> have 2 games for it- gran theft auto 3, and tony hawk's
> pro skater 3.  I now have $200, and am unsure exactly what
> to do with it.  I have made 3 choices.  I can: 1)Spend my
> money on more ps2 games since i already own this system,
> and buy a sound system since my speakers suck.  2)Buy the
> new xbox bundle with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT
> 2002. 3)But a gamecube, mainly for the upcoming metroid
> prime game, and other games like pikmin.

> I have gone back and forth, back and forth from each of
> these, and really need to decide soon.  I need
> sugguestions!!  Please respond.
> .

HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

Post by Tempor » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:07:26

Quote:> Well, i'm really close.... i think i am goin to buy the
> xbox bundle, however when my parents see i have another
> system they would lecture me on money.  The only prob is
> that i don't know when i'll have money for more games or
> better speakers if i choose xbox.

If you're dry in the money department, the Xbox is the obvious choice since
it comes with two great games, so you have
something to play immediately. The only other extra expenses are another
controller and
the AV pack for better audio/video output. Also, you don't have to buy a
memory card ever unless you have a need to back up or move your data
to another Xbox.
At $200, the Xbox bundle is the most inexpensive system out there and it's a
complete experience out of the box.
Go get it while the bundle is available.
Quote:> Also, i don't have