How do I get 5.1ch/Dolby Digital sound?

Post by Helen » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:03:59

I wonder how I'll get Dolby Digital sound from my Xbox to
my amplifier. I've bought an optical cable but don't know
where to fit it on the Xbox... Do I need an adapter or
something? Thankful for answers...

Helena in Sweden

How do I get 5.1ch/Dolby Digital sound?

Post by Elohi » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:26:23

You can use Dolby Digital Sound by purchasing the Microsoft Xbox Advanced
A/V Pack (which includes the digital out for the optical cable, S-Video, and
Composite A/V) or the Xbox High Definition Pack (Which has the digital out
for the optical cable, Analog Audio out, and Component Video "YPrPb"). Both
costs approximately US$20.

-Elohim

Quote:> I wonder how I'll get Dolby Digital sound from my Xbox to
> my amplifier. I've bought an optical cable but don't know
> where to fit it on the Xbox... Do I need an adapter or
> something? Thankful for answers...

> Helena in Sweden

1. 5.1ch Dolby Digital

All I can say - if you have the means - DO IT!!!
Got my Xbox on launch night - got home and played Halo in
just plain Dolby Surround (as I hadn't yet got the
Advanced AV pack) - the games still rocks right.  Next
morning, sleepless and bright-eyed went out and got the
Advance AV pack - plugged in the optical cable into my
sony reciever, pumped up the volume and immersed myself
into Halo.   My goodness!!!!  With the controller
vibrating and my eyes tearing and now my ears perked - the
game absolutely sucks you into its realism.

All we need now is a smell machine. not!

Can't wait for some DTS games!!!!

XBOX 5.1 dolby digital rocks!!!!!
However I havn't tested it with the DVD part as I use my
DVD player for that - anyone tested DVD through xbox with
optical out??

----------------------------------
These aren't the droids your looking for.  You don't need
to see my papers.  Move along.

2. SVGA ON doesn't do very much

3. Dolby Digital - what games are available in dolby digital?

4. EZ230 Problem

5. about dolby digital5.1ch...

6. Dynamic DNS & DHCP

7. dolby digital 5.1 sound

8. GOAL

9. I need Dolby Digital surround sound help

10. No Dolby Digital sound with optical

11. Surround Sound Dolby Digital 5.1

12. 5.1 dolby digital sound

13. dolby digital sound