dolby digital 5.1 sound

Post by the warrio » Fri, 02 May 2003 16:41:15

I've notice microsoft says that xbox supports dolby
digital 5.1 sound but there is no digial output just
analog is there something I've missed.

dolby digital 5.1 sound

Post by Marc » Fri, 02 May 2003 19:26:02

You can purchase an advanced scart cable set which also has an optical
digital output.

Quote:> I've notice microsoft says that xbox supports dolby
> digital 5.1 sound but there is no digial output just
> analog is there something I've missed.

dolby digital 5.1 sound

Post by Microbo » Fri, 02 May 2003 23:09:23

You will also need to purchase a Toslink cable.
Make sure your AMP has Optical inputs... at least one.

Cheers
Microbot

> You can purchase an advanced scart cable set which also has an optical
> digital output.

> > I've notice microsoft says that xbox supports dolby
> > digital 5.1 sound but there is no digial output just
> > analog is there something I've missed.

dolby digital 5.1 sound

Post by JDC » Fri, 02 May 2003 23:18:08

If you are in the US, the cables you need are called the advanced or High
Definition AV pack.

Post by Richar » Sat, 03 May 2003 15:58:30

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I've notice microsoft says that xbox supports dolby
>digital 5.1 sound but there is no digial output just
>analog is there something I've missed.
>.
>you need to get the high definition kit or the advance

kit sold seperatly. and it only use the fiber optical
cable for the 5.1 dolby digital surround sound. you will
also need to have a dolby digital receiver as well you
will also want to have dts capabilities so you can also
enjoy when watching dvds to.  that i what i use as my main
dvd player.  my games and movies comes to live using dolby
digital.

dolby digital 5.1 sound

Post by Drago » Sun, 04 May 2003 22:28:06

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I've notice microsoft says that xbox supports dolby
>digital 5.1 sound but there is no digial output just
>analog is there something I've missed.
>.
>U must purchase the Advanced AV Pack in order to recieve

the 5.1 surround sound. It has s-video & fibre optic
support.

1. Surround Sound Dolby Digital 5.1

you are luck y i came om : )  I am a home theater
expert...let me tell you what i tell many...Polk Audio Will
give you a lot of sound for the money ...the rm5600
speaker system is pretty inexpensive but you got to
hear what you get for the money...as far as receivers
go Denon is very good & what i have

2. NS Mail server 2.0

3. 5.1 dolby digital sound

4. starting Management Central

5. XBox Dolby Digital 5.1 with Sony DB-STR 940 pop crackle sound

6. Just got the 3rd email also...

7. XBOX and Dolby Digital 5.1 DTS sound

8. Kinetic & ArtWorks......HELP

9. Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1

10. Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoder

11. DTS, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Proceed AVP2 - Question on connections

12. xbox av dolby digital 5.1 RCA/coax

13. Xbox games supports Dolby Digital 5.1 Thats fu**ing great!!