1. Polaroid SprintScan 4000: Bright colors (reds & yellows) glow
I'm having a problem with a Polaroid 4000 scanner that I haven't been
able to solve and was hoping someone here might be able to help.
While scans are generally good in terms of sharpness, dynamic range
and color reproduction, the reds and yellows seem to glow and emit a
halo that contaminates the surrounding colors, especially blacks. This
only seems to happen with slide and not negative film.
I have tried scanning with the Polaroid Insight software that came
with the scanner, several versions of VueScan and with SilverFast, all
to no avail. I get the same result, to varying degrees, with all of
them. Silverfast is by far the one that produces the best result, but
still exhibits the problem.
There is a sample picture showing the problem at
You can easily see the problem in the area around the left-hand glove,
a yellowish glow, especially over the back of the hand. The slide is
perfect and was shot by a professional photographer with years of
experience and top of the line equipment.
If anyone is familiar with this problem or can shed some light on it,
2. Help secure a network with hardware and software?
3. Red come out yellow, green come out blue (canon 620)
4. Text Property and Validating
5. Xbox flashes red and yellow
6. VISOR vs PalmVx
7. Red Flashing RED Light Flash
8. Conflict with MathLib v2
9. Blinking RED....GREEN.....RED DAMN YOU!
10. blinking red green red green, Bad Xbox!
11. Will profiling keep my reds separating into warm red?
12. yellow stripes or background
13. VueScan 7.6.38 yellows washed out