x-box beta, yet no x-box

Post by Strike » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:30:45

I was bored one day so checked out the xbox live beta
sign-up, to my suprise it didn't say an x-box was
required. I decided to fill out the form, assuming I
would be rejected because of a lack of an x-box. Yet I
got emailed:
"We wanted to let you know we plan to send you an email
no later than September 20th regarding your status to
potentially be included in our beta test program.
You're at the top of our pre-registration list for our
ongoing beta program. So you'll be the first to create a
Gamertag and the first to know when it's time to get in
this incredibly intense, high-speed * experience.
That means you can start creating a rep before most."
Which I was led to believe means that I have good odds of
being selected in the next round(s).
My question is: do they assume I will buy an x-box to
accomodate the beta or what(?), seems weird a non-xbox
owner would make it this far.

x-box beta, yet no x-box

Post by Toto » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:42:08

I think part of the beta testing program was being used
to get people to buy an x-box.  Think about it, if they
get accepted then they may get e*d enough to go out
and buy the console and let their ps2's collect dust.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----