XBOX Live Beta Update

Post by Hal » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:08:44

I was searching aroung the xbox site and i came across
something that basically answers all of our questions.

heres the link:
http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/xboxlive-intro.htm

The update at the bottom says
Update: the Xbox Live Beta registration is now closed.
Beta candidates will be contacted between August and
October.

Why is that on the site, and yet no one at 4myxbox knows
these answers.  Theyve got fools working there.  Hope this
info pleases everyone.

XBOX Live Beta Update

Post by banshe » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:35:48

So does this mean that now only the people that signed up
have a chance or they'll contact people who won and
replied to them.

XBOX Live Beta Update

Post by Suddenly_Dea » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:23:46

Most likely, this means that they've made their picks and
those who they chose will be contacted.  Noone else can
sign up by clicking on the button, or they will ignore
those people.  Dang I hope i'm picked, i'd love to help
out (and maybe rat out a few of those who like leaking
information).

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>So does this mean that now only the people that signed
up
>have a chance or they'll contact people who won and
>replied to them.
>.

XBOX Live Beta Update

Post by alex » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:32:31

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Most likely, this means that they've made their picks and
>those who they chose will be contacted.  Noone else can
>sign up by clicking on the button, or they will ignore
>those people.  Dang I hope i'm picked, i'd love to help
>out (and maybe rat out a few of those who like leaking
>information).

the Xbox Live! beta registration has now closed.
Successful applicants will be informed between August and
October if they have been chosen to take part in the beta
testing of the new online service.

XBOX Live Beta Update

Post by Hal » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:39:26

Good job dude, you just wrote the same exact thing i said
in the original post.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

XBOX Live Beta Update

Post by Flees8 » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:43:25

thank god, I thought they may have passed me up on this
opportunity.  At least now I know I still have a chance
of being picked with the rest of you guys
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I was searching aroung the xbox site and i came across
>something that basically answers all of our questions.

>heres the link:
>http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/xboxlive-intro.htm

>The update at the bottom says
>Update: the Xbox Live Beta registration is now closed.
>Beta candidates will be contacted between August and
>October.

>Why is that on the site, and yet no one at 4myxbox knows
>these answers.  Theyve got fools working there.  Hope
this
>info pleases everyone.

>.

XBOX Live Beta Update

Post by Eric » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 01:21:34

;) it's not like you "win" anything...general misconception. You are
part of a program to iron out the bugs in a new service.

Perhaps if you think "beta tester" is like winning something you

windowsupdate beta's....be prepared for MANY crashes, reinstalls and
possible unusable hardware...
:)

--
Eric