Broadband Dilemma

Post by macdaddy868 » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:10:22

I live out in the county about 2 miles away from a suburb
of Lansing, MI(capital). I really want to get a broadband
connection to the internet before XBOX Live comes out.
I've called/checked every cable or dsl company and none
have service in my area. This really makes me MAD cause a
want play xbox games online!! It's not like I live out in
the middle of nowhere, I should be able to get something.
I don't think that anyone can really help me I just felt
like posting this.
-Thanx

Broadband Dilemma

Post by jeff » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:42:27

 DO U HAVE ANY LIKE BEST BUY OR CIRCUIT CITYS AROUND YOU?
IF SO GO THERE AN BUY A CABLE MODEM (AROUND $180).THAN A
ETRANET PATCH CABLE (AROUND $5 - $30) AN THERE U GO AN U
R SET! AN OF COURSE THA $50 4 XBOX LIVE. >-----Original
Message-----
Quote:>I live out in the county about 2 miles away from a
suburb
>of Lansing, MI(capital). I really want to get a
broadband
>connection to the internet before XBOX Live comes out.
>I've called/checked every cable or dsl company and none
>have service in my area. This really makes me MAD cause
>want play xbox games online!! It's not like I live out
in
>the middle of nowhere, I should be able to get
something.
>I don't think that anyone can really help me I just felt
>like posting this.
>-Thanx
>.

Broadband Dilemma

Post by jeff » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:42:22

 DO U HAVE ANY LIKE BEST BUY OR CIRCUIT CITYS AROUND YOU?
IF SO GO THERE AN BUY A CABLE MODEM (AROUND $180).THAN A
ETRANET PATCH CABLE (AROUND $5 - $30) AN THERE U GO AN U
R SET! AN OF COURSE THA $50 4 XBOX LIVE. >-----Original
Message-----
Quote:>I live out in the county about 2 miles away from a
suburb
>of Lansing, MI(capital). I really want to get a
broadband
>connection to the internet before XBOX Live comes out.
>I've called/checked every cable or dsl company and none
>have service in my area. This really makes me MAD cause
>want play xbox games online!! It's not like I live out
in
>the middle of nowhere, I should be able to get
something.
>I don't think that anyone can really help me I just felt
>like posting this.
>-Thanx
>.

Broadband Dilemma

Post by JDC » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:54:57

goto www.dslreports.com, you can do a search for your area and they may find
someone you overlooked

Quote:> I live out in the county about 2 miles away from a suburb
> of Lansing, MI(capital). I really want to get a broadband
> connection to the internet before XBOX Live comes out.
> I've called/checked every cable or dsl company and none
> have service in my area. This really makes me MAD cause a
> want play xbox games online!! It's not like I live out in
> the middle of nowhere, I should be able to get something.
> I don't think that anyone can really help me I just felt
> like posting this.
> -Thanx

Broadband Dilemma

Post by impresse » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:06:08

are you able to get at&t cable tv where you are?  i live close to downtown
so it's not a problem for me but i thought at&t went quite a ways outside

Quote:> I live out in the county about 2 miles away from a suburb
> of Lansing, MI(capital). I really want to get a broadband
> connection to the internet before XBOX Live comes out.
> I've called/checked every cable or dsl company and none
> have service in my area. This really makes me MAD cause a
> want play xbox games online!! It's not like I live out in
> the middle of nowhere, I should be able to get something.
> I don't think that anyone can really help me I just felt
> like posting this.
> -Thanx

Broadband Dilemma

Post by xTen » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:09:18

Quote:> I live out in the county about 2 miles away from a suburb
> of Lansing, MI(capital). I really want to get a broadband
> connection to the internet before XBOX Live comes out.
> I've called/checked every cable or dsl company and none
> have service in my area. This really makes me MAD cause a
> want play xbox games online!! It's not like I live out in
> the middle of nowhere, I should be able to get something.
> I don't think that anyone can really help me I just felt
> like posting this.
> -Thanx

As a last chance alternative you might check into 128k ISDN.  In theory it
should work for most games.  In my experience there is definitely a good
upstream with ISDN.

Good Luck

Broadband Dilemma

Post by Urinalmyn » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:47:56

You still have to buy cable modem service numbshit. That's
like saying "oh I'll buy gas....a free car is sure to come
along for me to put the gas in!"
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
> DO U HAVE ANY LIKE BEST BUY OR CIRCUIT CITYS AROUND YOU?
>IF SO GO THERE AN BUY A CABLE MODEM (AROUND $180).THAN A
>ETRANET PATCH CABLE (AROUND $5 - $30) AN THERE U GO AN U
>R SET! AN OF COURSE THA $50 4 XBOX LIVE. >-----Original
>Message-----
>>I live out in the county about 2 miles away from a
>suburb
>>of Lansing, MI(capital). I really want to get a
>broadband
>>connection to the internet before XBOX Live comes out.
>>I've called/checked every cable or dsl company and none
>>have service in my area. This really makes me MAD cause
>>want play xbox games online!! It's not like I live out
>in
>>the middle of nowhere, I should be able to get
>something.
>>I don't think that anyone can really help me I just felt
>>like posting this.
>>-Thanx
>>.

>.

Broadband Dilemma

Post by Orlando Rodrigue » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 02:42:04

U can try DSS

1. umax1220s/diff scsi card dilemma

so whats the final resolution?

using the 'old' software, its pretty clear if u wanna use the 1220 w/a diff
scsi (my case an adaptec 2930b), u can chose the scsi card using a custom
install on the FIRST INSTALLATION ONLY os vista scan.

u might be able to respecify on a re-installation if u do a very complete
uninstall along w/deleting some keys in your device manager, but it very
random and usually doesnt work.

i upgraded to the newer software (both online and they fedexed me a new cd)
and still cant reinstall the vistascan stuff.

tech help is no help.

has anyone resolved this problem????  i can see from other posts that it is
a universal problem, but other than conjecture, i havent seen a real soln
other than in returning the printer.  thanks,,,dave

2. building a new dv editing computer--suggestions?

3. New Dilemma

4. sync clock

5. HUGE dilemma..... respond quick

6. Http Server Requires 32-bit TCP/IP

7. X-10 Inc. Warranty dilemma.

8. I though OS/2 was object oriented!

9. Power Surge Dilemma

10. Modem Dilemma: Magitronics vs US Robotics

11. FORMULA DILEMMA

12. Formula Dilemma

13. Scalability dilemma